Created forum as non registered user. Now want to register, but says display name is already being used

Created forum as non registered user. Now want to register, but says display name is already being used

Hannah
Is there any way to register using the display name of the person it says created the forum? When I click on People, it lists me as unregistered and yet won't let me register with that display name.

thanks!

Re: Created forum as non registered user. Now want to register, but says display name is already being used

Hugo <Nabble>
Registered users must select a unique name. In other words, it is not possible to have two registered users with the same user name. If the registration screen tells you that the desired name is already taken, you should select a different one.

Re: Created forum as non registered user. Now want to register, but says display name is already being used

Hannah
Thanks. It would be nice to be able to switch from non-registered to registered and use the same name, especially if no one else in that particular forum is using that name.

Re: Created forum as non registered user. Now want to register, but says display name is already being used

Hugo <Nabble>
We may change this scope in the future and have unique names per forum, as you suggested. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts.