Counter of sub-forums / dotted line

1j1

Counter of sub-forums / dotted line

1j1
This post was updated on .
Is it possible to get rid of that counter of sub-forums/galleries/topics when the forum is in "Mixed" type of application?

Maybe it's by deleting some macro but I'm not sure which - mixed_table_column_count or children_list or?

Re: Counter of sub-forums/galleries/topics

Pedro
Try to add this rule to your css code:
div#nabble.nabble table.main tbody tr.header-row td.medium-border-color table.avatar-table tbody tr td.nowrap span.weak-color {
display:none;
}
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Counter of sub-forums/galleries/topics

1j1
1j1

How to remove the dotted line?

1j1
I have another small question.  How to get rid of that dotted line(s) at the bottom of Gallery category on main page when in Mixed type of application?
I inspected the page with Firebug & the only mention of "dot" was in CSS as:

tr.main-row td {
  border-bottom-width:1px;
  border-style:none none dotted;
}

But if I copypaste that fragment without 'dotted' it doesn't remove the line.

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

GregChapman
I have a gallery within a mixed application and don't see the dotted line that you have.

Can you post the URL of the offending page?
1j1

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

1j1

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

GregChapman
Your code is a bit convoluted and that may be confusing your browser.

If I wanted to produce the effect your have then under the thumbnails I would use:

tr.main-row td {
  border-width: 1px;
  border-style: dotted;
  border-left: none;
  border-right: none;
  border-top:none;

If you want no dotted border at all I would try the one line:

tr.main-row td {
border: none;
}

However, it is the code you've added (to an internal stylesheet) that is causing the problem, as that over-rides the code in:
http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=site_style

And its rule is... you've guessed it:

tr.main-row td {
border: none;
}
1j1

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

1j1
How would I change something now if when I got to Edit Page it out of sudden shows some Error 500: http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=view_mixed%21nabble%3Aview_mixed.naml&base=nabble.view.web.template.ServletNamespace ?
And I noticed that dotted lines were there before I started modifying things.

I put that
tr.main-row td {
border: none;
}
in CSS but it didn't remove it.

Is it Ok if I already have a code in there as

}
(Sorry, haven't gotten around the CSS tweaks yet)

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

GregChapman
Aaargh!

I've been misleading you! When I said
I have a gallery within a mixed application and don't see the dotted line that you have.
I lied! My colour scheme made them near invisible, but I now see they are there. Realising that made me investigate further.

My assessment now is that it seems to be a bug in Nabble's code. The "mixed_table_stylesheet" macro inserts a set of styling code as an internal stylesheet on any MIXED page.

Because it is local to the page it over-rides anything you enter in the CSS dialogue accessed from:
Options > Application > Change Appearance
as that is inserted in an external stylesheet, higher in the cascade, and ignored by any more locally specified code.

I tried edited my copy of the macro to remove:
        tr.main-row td {
            border-width: 1px;
            border-style: dotted;
            border-left: none;
            border-right: none;
            border-top:none;
        }
and it did the job - but also removed the dotted line separating all the links to the posts in all other sub-forums.

It looks as if there needs to be a more local override written into one of the gallery macros somewhere as the dotted separator is inappropriate for galleries displayed on a Mixed page.

I'm going to leave that to Pedro as if I attempt it I'm likely to produced unwanted side effects elsewhere on my forum and it is something that needs to be corrected site-wide on Nabble!
1j1

These 2 white dotted lines are unnecessary I think because the standard darker one already divides everything.

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

Pedro
Now, I only see the default dotted border in your forum. Did you get rid of those two dotted lines?
My test forum.
1j1

No.  Sorry, I had the site switched in to Board type at that moment.  I switched it back to Mixed so now you can see those lines there still.
(http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/)

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

GregChapman
Hi Pedro

You can also see the effect on my test site:
http://gregtest.991552.n3.nabble.com/

( @1j1 It's obvious here. This isn't the site where I failed to notice the extra lines. )

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

Pedro
Please add this rule to your css:
tr.main-row td td{
border-style:none;
}
My test forum.
1j1

That did the trick - thanks so much, Pedro!
1j1

Re: How to remove the dotted line?

1j1
I removed the "New Topic" link at the bottom of each app in mixed view, however, the horizontal dotted line that was separating that link from what's above it still stays:

Could you, please, tell how to get rid of it?