Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
Every time a new message is posted or replied, I need to click 'Refresh' link, so the new message can appear. New users on forum would not even know that and wud keep wondering where is their message. Isn't it possible 'Refresh' is automatically triggered when someone post a new message?

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Do you have such an active forum that new messages appear every few seconds?  Otherwise, I don't quite understand the question.  What I do for forums that I want to follow is to subscribe to them and then watch new messages show up in my email.

Also, do you know if any other forum offers the feature that you want?

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
I believe it has nothing to do with 'very active forum'. My point is, when a user post a new message, it doesn't appear on screen until 'Refresh' is clicked. User would wonder where is his message until he knows he need to click Refresh.

I never saw in any other forum that you need to do this. I have infact never seen the 'Refresh' button in any other forums.

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
When I posted my previous message, it appeared on the screen right after I clicked on 'Post Message'. This is what I want. It's not happening in my embedded forum...I guess that is the issue.

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
To make it more clear, I mean to say, I can't see my own message that I post after I click 'Post message' in my embedded forum. It appears only after I click 'Refresh'.

Like there is no 'Refresh' button on Nabble support forum and message appears on screen right after we click 'Post message'.

I hope I made my question clear.

That sounds like a bug.  The problem isn't a missing refresh feature.  The problem is that new messages don't show up.  They do for me though, so maybe the problem is that your browser is caching the page.  Which web browser are you using and what cache setting does it have?

Where is your embedded forum?  I will try a test post there.

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
Please give a look here:

Click on FORUM menu option at:

http://www.oracledatabaseissues.blogspot.com/

Administrator
I tested it and it worked fine for me.  Please check your browser settings.

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Admin@ODI
Great!.. if it works for you and hopefully for other users too.. I am ok.

Thank you for your time!

Re: Could 'Refresh' be automated?

Planet Jackson
I agree that some sort of feed or something might be easier.  On occasion I have users that do post rapidly, say several posts a minute, kind of like a chat feature.  One must click the refresh button every time to see these new posts.  It would be nice if they just popped up like on Twitter or other sites.
Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic