Congratulations

KLAXXON
Congratulations is surely due

and a big well done!!!

The award for fixing something that wasn't broke and thereby making it worse goes to the admins.

Thanks to your pointless tinkering it now takes twice as long to add a link to a piece of text or picture.

or just adding a link now has the effect of the link appearing completely at random within the message.

What are you on about you say?

well yesterday i could just highlight a bit of text or the script for a picture, click the add link button , add the link, and hey presto job done.

but thanks to your fantastic tinkering now it is a case of
add link
write random text into link.
ctrl c required text.
highlight unwanted random text.
ctrl v to replace with required text.
ctrl c whole link scripting.
highlight where to insert.
ctrl v to insert required linked text or picture.

amazing changing a simple two step procedure into this amazing convoluted method.

A big cheer and a well done to the admins.

Please offer details of the browser and operating system that you use to observe bugs

Graham Perrin
Please, can you offer the following details?

* your browser, and browser version

* your operating system and OS version.

<http://n2.nabble.com/-tt2250581.html> and <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2250465p2250524.html> suggest that Internet Explorer 7 behaviour is more severely bugged than Safari or Firefox 3.0.5.

Regards
Graham

Re: Congratulations

Will <Nabble>
KLAXXON wrote
Thanks to your pointless tinkering it now takes twice as long to add a link to a piece of text or picture.
The "Link" button works the same as before, except the visual is a little different. So, what do you mean by taking "twice as long"?

KLAXXON wrote
or just adding a link now has the effect of the link appearing completely at random within the message.
It sounds like a bug. I just tried it in FireFox and Chrome, and it works fine. I can insert links anywhere and it appears where it should be. I don't have a chance to test IE yet, but please tell us what browser you are using and we'll look into it.

Re: Please offer details of the browser and operating system that you use to observe bugs

KLAXXON
IE8 + or
Chrome

+

Vista

Re: Please offer details of the browser and operating system that you use to observe bugs

Graham Perrin
KLAXXON wrote
IE8 + or
Chrome

+

Vista
Thanks for the detail.

Around the time of your reports, I tested Chrome in Windows XP and found the behaviour to be only very slightly bugged, see nearby For me: Google Chrome beta in Windows XP is only very slightly bugged by graphical toolbar. (Briefest summary: bug may bite Chrome only if the selected text is at the beginning of the editing area.)

If you don't mind: please, can you see easily whether Chrome on Vista is as badly bitten as IE 8 on Vista?

When testing Chrome: by selecting text in the midst (not at the beginning) of the text editing area, then using the toolbar, we might help to reduce this bug a little further.

FWIW my screen shot and subsequent message at <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2250581p2250854.html> sum up my experience with IE 6. (Is your experience with IE 8 comparable?)

In the meantime I guess that Nabble are investigating :)

Re: Please offer details of the browser and operating system that you use to observe bugs

We have fixed this bug.
Please try again and let me know if you still see this problem.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com