Confused about Administrating my Forum

Pamela April
I started a new forum yesterday, but I did not register an account. Now today I am not able to modify it. I tried creating an account but it doesn't help. How will I be able to administrate my forum again?

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Are you using the same machine and the same browser today vs yesterday?

Your forum was created yesterday anonymously. You registered today, if you are on the same machine and same browser, then you are fine. Otherwise, there is no way to identify the your yesterday's forum as being created by you.

In any case, it's easy to create a forum. So, you can just create a new one. If you want the old one to be deleted, please send us the URL to the old one.

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Pamela April
I am on the same machine and browser. Does it require cookies to be enabled? Since I don't think I have cookies enabled on this browser. The URL is http://n2.nabble.com/Miracle-Books-f67516.html.

Administrator
Yes, it requires cookie to be enabled. I couldn't see your forum because it redirects to localhost.

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Pamela April
I know, that's because I embedded it on a page on my computer while I was making it. I'm not able to change it, but you can also get to the forum on here.
Edit: I'm editing the page to use my new forum. You can probably access the old one by embedding it on another page.

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Pamela,

If you could change the embedding settings, it is because you are the owner and can change other configurations.
Do you still have problems to edit your forum? What exactly?

I have a suggestion for you: you could change the appearance of your forum by adding the following CSS code to the forum style.
Click on "Options > Change forum appearance" and then add:
.nabble, .nabble .no-bg-color {
    background-color: #FFFEE2;
}
.nabble .light-bg-color {
    background-color: #FFFDBB;
}
.nabble .shaded-bg-color {
    background-color: #EEECA4;
}
This is just the basic colors. You can find more information here:
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=39

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Well, actually I see that you didn't change the embedding settings. You just created another forum.
But this is not a problem. I've changed that previous forum and now you are its owner.
Please let us know if you have questions, comments or concerns.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Pamela April
Thanks. You really were a help.

Re: Confused about Administrating my Forum

Spot the Pot
Will <Nabble> wrote

Hi, I did the same thing - I created a forum anonymously and would like to have administration over it. Can you link this forum to my account? http://n2.nabble.com/Spot-the-Pot-f1344771.html