Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Chang
I have a nabble forum embedded into a separate website of mine, with a custom domain name.

The trouble is when people search for any of the content on the forum they cannot find my website. They are directed to the x.48227.x6.nabble.com/

Do I need to change the name servers in order to redirect the forum to my own domain? I have already read this: http://x.48227.x6.nabble.com/forum/ChangeDomainName.jtp and contacted my domain provider, but nothing seems to be of much help.

I will pay however much it costs, just to have everything directed to my own personal domain, bypassing the x.48227.x6.nabble.com/ entirely.

Regards,
Chang

Re: Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

GregChapman
Go to:

Options > Embedding options

Select the option there:

Redirect them to: [your site]

Then, when they click the result in Google, it will show the forum page embedded in your site.

Re: Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Chang
Thank you for your quick reply,

Unfortunately there is no option to Redirect, it simply says:

"Redirect Users
    Redirect options are available only when the forum is embedded"

...but my forum is already embedded into my website. It isn't giving me any option to Redirect everything to my website.

http://x.48227.x6.nabble.com/embed/EmbedOptions.jtp?node=1

Re: Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Pedro
Please, go to your embedded site and follow Greg steps. Even though your forum is embedded you should get in through the site that contains it.

RE: Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Chang
Ah, yes of course I see now. Thank you so much

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:01:34 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered

Please, go to your embedded site and follow Greg steps. Even though your forum is embedded you should get in through the site that contains it.

http://support.nabble.com/Configure-and-direct-to-a-Domain-Already-Registered-tp7584730p7584737.html
To unsubscribe from Configure and direct to a Domain Already Registered, click here.
NAML