Close the registration of new users

forovalencia
Hi, I want to close the registration of new users on my forum.
Is there any way?
Hiding the option of registering, for example?
Thanks and regards

Re: Close the registration of new users

GregChapman
You cannot prevent anyone from registering. Membership of the "Anyone" and "Registered" groups is entirely in the hands if the visitor to your forum.

If you want to exclude further users from having access to your forum you need to begin to use the "Members" group and adjust the permissions for the various groups of user. The following post may be helpful.

http://support.nabble.com/Moderating-free-forum-tp6873076p6873871.html

Re: Close the registration of new users

gasemzadeh123
hi sorry i dont khnow.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You cannot prevent anyone from registering. Membership of the "Anyone" and "Registered" groups is entirely in the hands if the visitor to your forum.

If you want to exclude further users from having access to your forum you need to begin to use the "Members" group and adjust the permissions for the various groups of user. The following post may be helpful.

http://support.nabble.com/Moderating-free-forum-tp6873076p6873871.html
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Close-the-registration-of-new-users-tp7594230p7594238.html
To start a new topic under Free Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Nabble Support, click here.
NAML

Re: Close the registration of new users

jsmoraes
forocrash wrote
Hiding the option of registering, for example?
I didn't find how to hide the Register link in main page, up to now. But you can change the page of registration to don't permit registration of new user.

You must change the macro start_registration_page as I did:

<override_macro name="start_registration_page" requires="servlet">
    <n.if.is_submitted_form>
        <then.process_registration/>
    </n.if.is_submitted_form>

    <n.html>
        <head>
            <n.title.><t>Register to <t.app.root_node.subject/></t></n.title.>
            <n.registration_stylesheet/>
        </head>

We don't accept new registration or Registration is Closed or Any other text you want to show and with the HTML format you desire.
For example:  <h2>We will open for register later</h2>

 <!--
                <h1 class="weak-color"><t>Register</t></h1>
                    <n.root_node.subject/>

                <n.handle_registration_errors/>

                <n.form.>
                    <n.nextUrl_field.hidden/>
                        <n.registration_fields/>
                            <input type="submit" class="toolbar action-button" value="[t]Register Now[/t]"/>
                </n.form.>
-->

    </n.html>

</override_macro>

the tags
<!--
 and
-->
 trasform the code lines in text comments lines. They don't work as HTML code. So you will not have the form to register.

But, as forum, why you want to cancel the option for registration ? You can create groups and change permissions, as Greg told, to organize who can do or can not do this or that.
Observatório de Astronomia de Vilatur - W. Herschel
Saquarema - RJ - Brasil
http://www.astronomia.pousadavilatur.com.br

Re: Close the registration of new users

forovalencia
Thanks everyone, it happens that I can not attend the forum as I would for a while and do not want to add new users unable to manage your group membership.
Excuse my English, helped by google.
Thanks again.

Jsmoraes Thanks, it worked perfectly.
regards

Re: Close the registration of new users

jsmoraes
This post was updated on .
I found where you can perhaps hide the register link in the main page. But .... trying to test it, I crashed with my Forum test. it seems dangerous try it at that location.
Observatório de Astronomia de Vilatur - W. Herschel
Saquarema - RJ - Brasil
http://www.astronomia.pousadavilatur.com.br

Re: Close the registration of new users

GregChapman
I felt bad that I gave an incomplete answer. I could have mentioned the possibility of editing NAML code to make the change forocash wanted.

However, as you demonstrate, it takes skill and knowledge, to do that and it can be dangerous if things go wrong.

Re: Close the registration of new users

jsmoraes
For a temporary suspention of registration I think the first solution, with mensage telling about work better than hide the register link.

Always I do changing of NAML code with two computers. One only for test and other with the code pages opened. If something work wrong ... I remove the override. Certainly it wasn't my procedure this time ! And change lines of java script is really dangerous.