Clickable images

Would you guys consider a feature to make images clickable?

Trail Map

Re: Clickable images

GregChapman
Your image is already clickable. Do you mean so that different parts link to different places? The jargon for that is "image map".

Google for "image map maker" and you'll find a number of tools that will create them for you. You can then just paste in the code generated by the tool to your Nabble post (providing you check the "Message is in HTML format" box).

Re: Clickable images

Harvey
GregChapman wrote
Your image is already clickable. Do you mean so that different parts link to different places? The jargon for that is "image map".

Google for "image map maker" and you'll find a number of tools that will create them for you. You can then just paste in the code generated by the tool to your Nabble post (providing you check the "Message is in HTML format" box).
I created that by copying code from wordpress and modifying it. But when I deleted the original nabble img=source code the image vanished.  I've never really understood why the code in the first post doesn't match the true image code which you can get by quoting the original post.  If I could make my way work it would be slow.

I'm not sure WHY the image above hasn't disappeared they way it did in my app.

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
The image is still hosted in your forum. Were talking about site maps in your site or just clickable image?

Re: Clickable images

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
The image is still hosted in your forum. Were talking about site maps in your site or just clickable image?

I don't understand why it disappeared then. If I delete the original code for an image the image remains?

Not sure what you mean about site maps.

Was wondering what it would take to automatically create clickable code.

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
You can use Insert Image + Link button.
1 - Insert an image with the button, you will have a code like this: < nabble_img src="image.jpg" border="0"/ >
2 - Select this code with your mouse cursor and click Link button.
3 - Add the url address to the link.

Re: Clickable images

Harvey
That makes sense. So I use this

< nabble_img src="image.jpg" border="0"/ >

for the link too?

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use Insert Image + Link button.
1 - Insert an image with the button, you will have a code like this: < nabble_img src="image.jpg" border="0"/ >
2 - Select this code with your mouse cursor and click Link button.
3 - Add the url address to the link.

http://support.nabble.com/Clickable-images-tp7586378p7586393.html
To unsubscribe from Clickable images, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
Yes, try it. Click the image button to get the right image code.

Re: Clickable images

Harvey44 wrote
Would you guys consider a feature to make images clickable?<br/><br/>

Trail Map
This image seems to have disappeared.

Re: Clickable images

Can you show me precisely what the code should look like?

I can't make it work.

Re: Clickable images

This image reappeared because I reuploaded the file using the same name.

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
The code is like this:
The result:

Re: Clickable images

Harvey
The question is do I use the nabble img source in place of google.com or do I use the actual URL which I would have to get from quoting the original post.

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
Replace the google.com with the url that your image should take the user after its click.

Re: Clickable images

Please take a look at this post:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Holimont-Ski-Area-td5001472.html

I "think" I did this right. (Not sure).

I used the "quote" method and here is the code:

Click on the image as someone would who wanted to see it bigger.

How do you get back to the post from the enlarged image? When I hit the back button I end up at the root level.

Re: Clickable images

Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Replace the google.com with the url that your image should take the user after its click.

The only way I can figure to get this URL is to:

REPLY
QUOTE
COPY THE URL
CANCEL
PASTE it in.

Is there another way?

Re: Clickable images

the only way is hit the back button. If you use a image file as url, you will see the image it self on the browser.
That's not a web page.

Re: Clickable images

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
the only way is hit the back button. If you use a image file as url, you will see the image it self on the browser.
That's not a web page.
The clickability isn't very useful if you can't go back to the original content without several clicks. Do you agree? Is there a way to upload images with the real URL without them being deleted?

Re: Clickable images

Pedro
What do you mean by "without being deleted"?

Re: Clickable images

Harvey44 wrote
Harvey44 wrote
Would you guys consider a feature to make images clickable?<br/><br/>

Trail Map
This image seems to have disappeared.
For some reason if you remove the

<nabble_img src="image.jpg" border="0"/>

from the original post and replace it with the real url  the image disappears or is deleted. This is what happened above. It doesn't seen to happen immeadiately but takes an hour or two.