Child re-directing to parent, but parent not redirecting to child

Child re-directing to parent, but parent not redirecting to child

Vedrit
This post was updated on .
So, I have 2 different sites going, one site being part of the other (Developer site->Project site), and I've been trying to get the forums  redirect to each other, but its not working very well. I can get the child forums to redirect to the forums on the parent site, but the parent doesnt redirect at all, but instead just opens the child forum as if they were 1 forum. Its completely baffling me, as no combination of forum type, redirect option, or anything, is producing the desired results

here is the childChild forum
And the parentParent forum

It seems that the redirect to child works as it should when the link is opened in another window/tab, which is not what I want

Vedrit
Administrator of The False World Online
Project Leader

Re: Child re-directing to parent, but parent not redirecting to child

Hugo <Nabble>
Your forums redirect correctly. I assume you want to leave the parent embedding page and open the child embedding page when you navigate down the tree. Is this correct? If yes, then we didn't implement things this way. We assume that a child forum also belongs to the page where the parent forum is embedded onto, even if it has its own embedding page.

Re: Child re-directing to parent, but parent not redirecting to child

Vedrit
Ah. Well, that explains it.
Could this be made an option?

Project Leader

Re: Child re-directing to parent, but parent not redirecting to child

Hugo <Nabble>
Vedrit wrote
Could this be made an option?
We will think about this after we finish our top priority features. We need some months to reach that point.