Changing my ForUM

ClaudeMobetta
Hi,

I went to see this site = http://ruralinfo.net/ruralmailtalk.html
I noted he has it broken down as:
Topics
Vehicles for Sale
Parts
Wanted

MY site = http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

I like to do similar to my web site Like:

Topics
Computer Security
Free Software
Chat Room
Siggies
ETC…

And not run all subjects togeter....

How do I do that - and BE SAFE NOT TO LOSE WHAT I HAVE as a forUM…
Is "Create New Sub-Form" part of my answer?
Does Permalink have anything to do with this format?

Can I make a complete copy of my Nabble ForUM - in case I screw it up?

Thanks...

Claude

Re: Changing my ForUM

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
How do I do that - and BE SAFE NOT TO LOSE WHAT I HAVE as a forUM…
Is "Create New Sub-Form" part of my answer?
Yes. First you have to change the format of your forum. Please click on "Options > Editor > Change appearance" and select "Mixed" for the forum format. Then you can create the sub-forums (they will start to appear on the forum front page).
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Can I make a complete copy of my Nabble ForUM - in case I screw it up?
We don't have this option, but it is difficult to screw a forum up. You can try the steps above and contact me if you need more help.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Changing my ForUM

ClaudeMobetta
Thanks -

Understand -

If I do screw up - can I change it back from MIXED?

Is there any way after I make my sub-forms -
To put already posted posts into the new catagories/sub-forms -

Like 5 posts on security software -

And put them in the NEW Security sub-form?

Thanks again -

I see how many forUMs you host - gotta be busy folks...

Claude

Re: Changing my ForUM

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
If I do screw up - can I change it back from MIXED?
Yes. Just change it back to "TOPICS".
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Is there any way after I make my sub-forms -
To put already posted posts into the new catagories/sub-forms -

Like 5 posts on security software -

And put them in the NEW Security sub-form?
Yes. Open the thread you want to move and click on "More > Move topic to...". Then you have to paste the link of the sub-forum and save.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Changing my ForUM

ClaudeMobetta
Yes. Open the thread you want to move and click on "More > Move topic to...". Then you have to paste the link of the sub-forum and save.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com
Hi,

OK - I got changed to MIXED and made 2 SUB-FORUMS - Looked cool....

(Got stuck at More)
Then selected a Topic - and >MORE

It then asks for ?PERMIALICK or other -
Where do I get the Number of the Sub-ForUM to tell the Topic to go to?
If I select the more at the First - will it take Replies with it?

The more I learn about my ForUM - the more I like Nabble...

Thanks.. Claude

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Re: Changing my ForUM

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
(Got stuck at More)
Then selected a Topic - and >MORE

It then asks for ?PERMIALICK or other -
Where do I get the Number of the Sub-ForUM to tell the Topic to go to?
The permalink you must enter is the URL of the sub-forum. Copy the link from the browser address bar and paste on that input field.
ClaudeMobetta wrote
If I select the more at the First - will it take Replies with it?
Yes. The whole branch will be moved too.