Changing educommons skin

Eileenmc
I am working in eduCommons 2.3.1 final and want to change the color of the left nav for our site here at Umass Boston. When I attempt to do this, by logging in as an the site Admin and selecting Educommons settings and then under "Add-on Product Configuration" selecting "Left skin" and then in the Left Skin Settings page, selecting  Left nav and then selecting "Background Color" to change the color of the background color of the nav bar the color of the nav bar is not changed.

Does anyone know What other steps I need to take to customized the educommons skin?

Thank you for your help with this!

Eileen Mcmahon
Umass Boston
eileen.mcmahon@umb.edu