Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Anónimo
How could I change the color of an administrator (for example, red) and white a moderator. Without changing the color type of registered and guests ..

Thank you!

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

GregChapman
Explain in more detail.

What application type?
What screen?
What avatar or text?
Are you using large or small avatars?
The list goes on.

You should at least post an annotated image indicating what you want changed, and preferably the URL of your forum.

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Anónimo
No, the only thing I want is to change the color of username group of administrators and moderators.

Thank you.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:36 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Explain in more detail.

What application type?
What screen?
What avatar or text?
Are you using large or small avatars?
The list goes on.

You should at least post an annotated image indicating what you want changed, and preferably the URL of your forum.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Change-the-color-of-the-name-of-the-administrators-and-moderators-tp7590462p7590467.html
To unsubscribe from Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators, click here.
NAML

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

GregChapman
I repeat my questions!

To provide the solution you need to say EXACTLY what you are trying to change.

We also need to see what you might have changed already in order to know how to proceed. Your request is simply too vague. You may know what needs to be changed but only you know what options you have chosen so far.

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Anónimo
What application type? Mixed
What avatar or text? Text red administrators, moderators text on white

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:18 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I repeat my questions!

To provide the solution you need to say EXACTLY what you are trying to change.

We also need to see what you might have changed already in order to know how to proceed. Your request is simply too vague. You may know what needs to be changed but only you know what options you have chosen so far.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Change-the-color-of-the-name-of-the-administrators-and-moderators-tp7590462p7590473.html
To unsubscribe from Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators, click here.
NAML

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

GregChapman
There is no standard text "moderator" that appears anywhere. "Moderator" is not in the Nabble language.

So you still need to explain a lot more about how you have customised your forum. You must show illustrations of what you want or preferably the URL so we can see what you are talking about.

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Anónimo
What I want is to change the color of the name of a user who is in a particular group.

Example:

As a user is in the group members:

When a user is in the Administrators group:

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

GregChapman
Mmm! Tricky!  That text is a link, so is designed to change colour depending on whether you have visited the user's profile page. I was hoping that you meant change the colour of the word "Administrator", not the user's name - and would have given you the wrong answer.

You will need to do several things to achieve what you want:
• Edit the NAML macro "user_link" that generates the code that displays the name so that it interrogates the user database to check in which group the user belongs and then insert an appropriate a class for the HTML tag in which the user's name appears.
• Edit the NAML macro that sets the styling for the appropriate link (but no other) so the username never changes colour after the profile page is visited.

I regret I am not a NAML expert and don't know how to write such code.
1j1

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

1j1
Maybe you would like instead of the colored username to just have a group label as a pic under the avatar?
Take a look here - http://support.nabble.com/How-do-I-add-an-image-instead-of-the-rank-text-tp7584314p7584317.html
Instead of just "Administrator" you might have it as a some cool & noticeable pic.

Re: Change the color of the name of the administrators and moderators

Anónimo
Thanks!

And moderators and ranks?