Now it is possible to change the date of posts in Nabble apps. You must be the administrator and the post must belong to you (i.e., you are the author). So you can open the post and click on "More > Change post date". This is particularly useful when you want to sort topics in your blog, forum, gallery, etc.

10 Comments

Jamie Jamie

Re: Change post date

This is not working for moderators or administrators since the permission changes.
Graham Perrin Graham Perrin

Change post date: URL?

Jamie wrote
not working
Please, what's the address of the affected forum?
Graham Perrin Graham Perrin

Re: Change post date

Is what you see similar to the screen shot at permission to change date, but repeated prompts to log in?

Jamie wrote
not working for moderators …
Re: the opening post, I would not expect it to work for moderators.

Only for administrators, and only for an administrator wishing to change the date of a post that they authored.
Hugo <Nabble> Hugo <Nabble>

Re: Change post date

Please check again. We just fixed a bug with this permission and things should work fine now. Please let me know if there are other issues.
Harvey Harvey

Re: Change post date

Hugo I still do not see the option to change post date under Options.

This is the authors view of options:

HTTPS Please!
Harvey Harvey

Re: Change post date

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Please check again. We just fixed a bug with this permission and things should work fine now. Please let me know if there are other issues.
I had some date changing to do so I just went through the admin/unadmin process I described previously.

I am unable to change post date even when I make the author an admin.

Here is what I see under Options:

HTTPS Please!
Harvey Harvey

Re: Change post date

OK now I can change post date in our forum, but still not in the newspaper.
HTTPS Please!
Harvey Harvey

Re: Change post date

It doesn't make any sense? If I can change post dates in our forum, I should be able to do it in our newspaper. The way I understand it they two formats are really just different iterations of the same thing.

The newspaper is much more critical for this. We are trying to give our articles the original publish dates - for our launch date next week.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HTTPS Please!
Harvey Harvey

Re: Change post date

OK. Currently all of the posts in our newspapers are created by one author. He is not me and was not originally an admin.

If I create a post, as admin, I can change the date.

But his posts, regardless of his status - admin or not - cannot have the date changed.

No amount of permission granting, or status changing will allow those dates to be changed.
HTTPS Please!
Hugo <Nabble> Hugo <Nabble>

Re: Change post date

This was a bug in the system, sorry for the confusion. We just released the latest code and it should work now (really). Please let me know if you still have issues.