Change 'from' name on registration email?

Change 'from' name on registration email?

tommitch82
Hi - is it possible to change the 'from' name from the default Nabble on the registration email that goes out to new forum members? Many thanks in advance!

Re: Change 'from' name on registration email?

GregChapman
I'm not as expert in NAML as I would like to be so I can't provide a solution but...

Currently it shows as "Nabble <no-reply@nabble.com>"
which makes sense to me as to receive a registration confirmation email you will have just registered at a Nabble hosted forum and you need to reply to Nabble to confirm that you are the owner of the address registered.

I'm curious. What do you want to change it to and why?

Re: Change 'from' name on registration email?

tommitch82
Hi Greg, thanks for replying. I'm building a forum for a client to embed on their website and they want the registration confirmation email to be sent 'from' a recognisable name at that organisation. 'Nabble' might get lost in someone's inbox (or not trusted to the same extent).

Re: Change 'from' name on registration email?

GregChapman
I have not been able to find any NAML code that generates the From: address and fear it may be in the JavaSript or other code behind the software that cannot be edited by a user.

I find I have to warn users to look for mail from a nabble.com address, which sometimes does find it's way to folk's spam folder. :-(

I would love to have the option you request too. I suspect it would require getting your forum setup as a subdomain under your client's domain and a tweak by Nabble, as they have to to cope with https.