Change email

Luke Faraone
This post was updated on .
I'm trying to change my email from $MYNAME@cluenet.org to $MYNAME@laptop.org.

However, I get a "addr already in use" message.

-LF

Re: Change email

Will <Nabble>
Administrator

You probably used the $MYNAME@laptop.org email to post to some public mailing list which gets archived on Nabble. When an email gets archived on Nabble, we create a "dummy" user account for the email author. It will be substantiated when the author tries to register using that email address. So, for you, you can register using the $MYNAME@laptop.org address, which allows you to substantiate that user account, but you cannot change your current email address to $MYNAME@laptop.org.

I understand that your point is probably that you want to merge your current account to $MYNAME@laptop.org account, right? If so, then sorry, we don't have that function yet. So, for now, you will be stuck with having 2 accounts. You can delete your other account, but you can merge accounts yet. We may add this function is more people ask for it. You can be counted as the first request. Sorry for not being helpful.

Re: Change email

Luke Faraone
Sure.

Is there any way for the dummy acct. to be temporarilly deleted?

Re: Change email

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry no, all deletes are final. You can substantiate your dummy email account first, then change the email address of that account to a disposable email from places like http://www.mailinator.com/, then change your current account's email address to the desired email address. Basically, set a to b, then set c to a.

Re: Change email

Denise & Val Harris
Is there any way to change my forum email address? I will be closing my AOL account at the end of this month and need to add my new email address in order to log into my forum.

It is my understanding I will need to delete the forum, start a new one and register it under my new email address; is that still my only option?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Denise & Val Harris
WAH Entrepreneurs
http://ValHarris.com

Re: Change email

Hugo <Nabble>
No. You can change the email address of your account by clicking on your user name on the upper right corner of the screen. Then click on "My Personal Settings / Edit Personal Information / Change Email".