Change avatar size

1j1

Change avatar size

1j1
I decided to change the avatar big size from default 100px to, say, 200px - I did it correctly in Profile & in topics.
http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=1
http://1j1.2328899.n4.nabble.com/fgyfgyhuijkl-td4.html
But I tried to upload the pic & after cropping it resizes it to default 100px and then stretches to 200px.  As a result I got a sorta zoomed-in low quality pic.  Is there a way that it would when uploading make it to that 200px?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Change avatar size

GregChapman
I suspect there's a  JavaScript procedure within the script that is called within the upload macro.

Again, don't ask me for details. That stuff is beyond my competence.

(As a personal view, I'd argue that avatars should be small. They're just meant to be visual indicators of a post's author not to show a detailed high quality image. Consider users on expensive mobile data connections, who in any topic will be forced to download many large images that add nothing to their message and occupy vast areas of their smartphone screens, forcing them into a mix of horizontal and vertical scrolling and generally making things awkward to use.)
1j1

Re: Change avatar size

1j1
Well, that was just one of my beginner's experiments. I was kinda annoyed by small avatars in SMF forums but liked 150px in Forumotion, so I thought what if I can make an avatar a bit bigger.

Re: Change avatar size

Pedro
This cannot be done with Naml. It would take some changes in our source code, so it is not available for free support.
My test forum.
1j1

Re: Change avatar size

1j1
Ah, I see.   Thanks for the reply anyway.

Kind regards,