Change Background

mizpah
Hi
I have tried a few times now to change the background on my Forum to one of the Blue ones listed, but each time I save, nothing happens?

Can you make your forum so people have to Login in to register? So they cannot just view your Forum?

Any Help much appreciated

Kind Regards
Julie

Re: Change Background

mywaytoo
I don't know about the background, sorry...

You can change user permissions to stop 'Anyone' from reading your forum...
From the outer-most layer if you want this rule to always apply, select Options > Users > Change Permissions > And choose what you want!

'Authenticated' users have registered an email address, so you have some information about them, but they have not been accepted by you. I allow people to read the forums, but not post until I have checked them out and added them to 'Members'.

Anne

Re: Change Background

mizpah
Anne
Thank you, I will have a look. Just wished I could change the Background?

Julie

Re: Change Background

mizpah
Look and feel

I click on the image to load the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS)
But noting happens. It will not work. Any help please

Re: Change Background

Hi Julie,
mizpah wrote
I have tried a few times now to change the background on my Forum to one of the Blue ones listed, but each time I save, nothing happens?
# When you select the "Change Appearance" option is the CSS box empty?

# When you select a colour scheme does the CSS box become filled with code?

# What happens when you use the "test Style" button?

Re: Change Background

Camo
I have a relative question here Greg please....

Can I change the background (overall Body Background Image) of my Nabble forum (nabbles version, not embedded) using the look & feel widget?

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Quck-Login-code-fail-Help-td6314009.html
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Change Background

mywaytoo
Julie... To change the background... From the outer-most layer, if you want the changes to apply throughout...

Select Options > Editor > Change Appearance > Scroll down to Look and Feel...
Choose your new background by clicking on the blue arrows right/left and then click on the small display to load the text into the text area below, as it says on the Alt Text applelet.

This works on mine... but I'm quite happy with the default... Hope it's OK for you!

Anne

Re: Change Background

Camo
But can you have a custom image background for your (nabble version) forum? Or can you only choose from the templets? No way to add an image under the areas in the templet?
I tried importing a css stylesheet with a body background image but nothing happened.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Change Background

Peter <Nabble>
You can choose whatever image you want as long as it is available online. If it's on your PC you may have to upload it.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Change Background

Camo
This post was updated on .
I dont think I made myself understood Pete, what I need , is to have a background image on the body of the nabble version.
Is that possible? My background image (repeat-repeat fixed;) on the html body of my forums , on nabbles server? So the nabble version shows the same bg image as my embedded version.

Image http://www.camosreptiles.com.au/scales.jpg

Nabble1 http://classifieds.1047537.n5.nabble.com/;cid=1304183178883-939

Nabble2 http://camo-s-reptiles-forum.1047529.n5.nabble.com/;cid=1304041225276-395
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Change Background

GregChapman
Hi Camo,

I too have had difficulty using your image as a background. I tried using the image upload from the web and Nabble rejected it because it wasn't a PNG, JPG or GIF! Clearly a bug there!

However, once copied to my own computer then uploaded as an image within a post of mine to my test forum. See:
http://gregtest.991552.n3.nabble.com/Post-with-Images-tp2581304p2889256.html

The image has a URL of:
http://gregtest.991552.n3.nabble.com/file/n2889256/scales.jpg?by-user=t

I can then use CSS to display it:

body {
background-image: url(http://gregtest.991552.n3.nabble.com/file/n2889256/scales.jpg);
}

That only gives a "border image" but substitute:

.nabble {
background-image: url(http://gregtest.991552.n3.nabble.com/file/n2889256/scales.jpg);
}

and it covers the page (less the margin). I daren't demonstrate that or you can't see the image in the post.

I conclude that there may be some "protection" in place that prevents an image not on Nabble's servers being used as a CSS background image.

Re: Change Background

Camo
This post was updated on .
Thankyou Greg, Thats working very nicely!

P.S Ofcourse Ive uploaded the scales image to a post on my own forum, as per your demo, Im not hotlinking, so you can delete the image @ GregTest
Thankyou for your help, this eluded me for some time!
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles