Change Avatar option does not work properly

Change Avatar option does not work properly

ES Admin
Hi,

The 'change avatar' option under personal settings has a few glitches...  Uploading a new image did not work for succesive attempts, then finally (after quitting and relogging) it did, but not in an obvious way.  If this happened to real visitors, they would go elsewhere...

Re: Change Avatar option does not work properly

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this. The next release will fix this problem.

Re: Change Avatar option does not work properly

ES Admin
When will be the next release?????  This is not a joke - this is people's valluable time you are messing with.  OK - it's a free forum, but that is not the point.  Either this thing works or it doesn't!!!  Incidentally, Weebly are no longer usine Nabble, they're using somethign else now....

Re: Change Avatar option does not work properly

True Valhalla
I too am experiencing this problem, and while I hope it is fixed soon (is the update automatic?) it certainly won't drive me away from this very decent software =)

@Above post, I swapped to Nabble today from Weebly's new Tal.ki forums -- that service is terrible because it forces users to sign up for a Weebly account before they can even post on your forum (and without the upgrade service, it is very, very restricted), and doesn't even have basic features like post counts. I cancelled my subscription today, only a couple of days in.
Currently developing Myriad Online, finishing off HowToMakeAnMMORPG.com, while also learning advanced PHP and MySQL, and learning beginner CSS.

Re: Change Avatar option does not work properly

Hugo <Nabble>
The next release will be out today or - at most - tomorrow. But you should know that the change avatar feature works, but the browser doesn't get the new image right ahead (this is what we fixed in the new release). So if you want to see the change, please force a refresh of the page (F5) after you change the avatar. The new avatar will appear. Sorry for the inconvenience.