Captcha error

Franck
Good morning,
I have intregrated a nabble forum in a blogger and i meet a problem with the captcha.
When you're trying to post in the forum, the image doesn't match with the code.
So the topic can't be validated.

Everything else seems to be ok.

Thanks for your help and best regards.

Re: Captcha error

Franck
Good morning,
after new tests, the problem appears also on the page to create an account.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Captcha error

Franck

Re: Captcha error

Franck
I found the reason, it works find with an other browser.
Maybe something like cookies or cache, i'll look for it.

Re: Captcha error

dannybevz
I heard from a few of my site readers yesterday that the CAPTCHA thing was not working when trying to register on the forum. They said they typed the correct code (more than once) but it didn't accept it as correct.

This was in Firefox. I suggested they use a different browser, and they told me it worked in Internet Explorer. Is this a known issue?

Re: Captcha error

Pedro
Yes, we know it and we are trying to fix it. Anyway, thanks for reporting.

Re: Captcha error

Simon R
Some more info..

One of my new users reported the same issue to me too. I looked into it and found the following when the forum is embedded (inside a Google Site):
Google Chrome v19 - OK.. Captcha code image shows and new users can register just fine
Mozilla Firefox v9 - No Captcha code image is displayed at all therefore new users cannot register
Microsoft Internet Explorer v9 - Broken image link is displayed instead of the Captcha code image therefore new users cannot register
All on the same Windows 7 computer using Java SE 7 Update 4 (also same with Java SE 6 Update 30)
All with the instructions listed here followed.

Workaround is to use Google Chrome when you have an embedded forum OR open the forum in a new window and register there.. the Captcha code image is displayed fine in Firefox and IE when the forum is not embedded. To open in a new window, right click the forum title and open link in new window.

Re: Captcha error

Pedro
Thanks for reporting it, we are going to investigate.

Re: Captcha error

shamus mcquail
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Thanks for reporting it, we are going to investigate.
Did this ever get resolved?  Firefox doesn't seem to work but chrome and edge work fine.