Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto
Good afternoon.  I posted a forum to my Weebly class website, and I am having students reply to questions that I post to the forum.  Many students have responded that when they try to post their reply, it will not go through.

They are getting the message "Submit failed, please try again."  I tried to post a reply from my iPad, and I got the same message every time right after I tried to prove that I am not a robot (I assure you, I am not a robot, and neither are my students).

Please help!

Thank you,
Sean Arresto

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
What is the link to your site?

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Israel <Nabble>
I replied the first post on your forum and I didn't receive any messages.
Can you please ask for someone try again?
If you get this issue again please take a print from the screen.

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto
I just tried from my iPad again, and I got the same message - Submit failed, please try again.

Some students have had no problems posting, but I was bombarded with messages from kids who got the same message that I just got.

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto
Do they have to register in order to reply?

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

GregChapman
I've also just replied to your first post without difficulty.
You mention a Weebly site. Is your forum embedded in it?
I don't recognise "Submit failed" as a message from Nabble.
Could it be generated by Weebly because of the way the forum is embedded?

Yes, users should be registered in order to reply.

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

GregChapman
Hi Israel,

I note you say should be registered and see that you are.

However, while the forum is set to require users to register to create new topics it is still set to allow those in the Anyone group to reply.

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto
Yes, this forum is embedded in my Weebly page.  Here is the link:

http://sarresto.weebly.com/class-forum.html

Yeah, I noticed that almost all of the replies that got through were not registered.  Thanks!

Administrator
Thanks Greg for the correction!

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

Mr. Arresto
It seems that now that I have sent the direct link to the students, they are not having any issues, so maybe the issue did have something to do with Weebly.

It is weird, though, because a lot of kids had no problem posting, whereas many more kids could not post.  I will keep you updated.

Let me know if you figure out why Weebly may have caused an issue.

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Cannot reply - Submit failed, please try again

GregChapman
Sometimes these problems can be browser related. If there are further issues ask what browser they are using.