Cannot insert images

John Yeoman
I can insert an image here but not in my own forums. Why? I have no problem inserting images in posts and replies in my Forum at Writers' Village. The drop down box appears in its entirety. However, I cannot insert images in my new forums at the Gardening Guild site eg. Companion Planting, although I am likewise logged in as the site owner/administrator. The drop down box opens but cuts off half way at the Description box level, giving me no access to the Accept image buttons below. This problem occurs both in my embedded site and at the mirror site at Nabble itself.

This cannot be entirely a browser problem because the Writers Village site shows me the full drop down box but the others don't.

Any solution?

Re: Cannot insert images

ClaudeMobetta
I had/have the same problem - Could browse for Images - but not insert them

So I used to go to >IE >View  and change the text size to smaller - that worked

But then found out - I could left click on the Image box by the Resize -
Hold down and pull towards the bottom - and the "Insert Imagne" bar would show.

So the clicking the "Insert Imagne" bar - loaded image would load - OK

So then can see this...

Seems now - it is working as it should?

Hope this was your problem?

Claude

http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207ef2634207.html

Re: Cannot insert images

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this bug. The next release will deliver a fix, but you probably have to wait some days until it is available (we are working on a big change right now).

Re: Cannot insert images

John Yeoman
Many thanks, Claude. I've fixed the problem (see below) using your good advice to reduce the font size. It seems, any size above 100% gives this problem in varying degrees:

This is 105% font size

(The method of clicking and dragging the Insert image tab didn't work for me, alas.) While I'm about it, is there any way to reduce the size of the inserted images? At present, they load into the page as Large (as here), Very Large, and Enormous. But sometimes, all I need is a small postage stamp...

Re: Cannot insert images

ClaudeMobetta
John Yeoman wrote
Many thanks, Claude. I've fixed the problem (see below) using your good advice to reduce the font size. It seems, any size above 100% gives this problem in varying degrees:

(The method of clicking and dragging the Insert image tab didn't work for me, alas.) While I'm about it, is there any way to reduce the size of the inserted images? At present, they load into the page as Large (as here), Very Large, and Enormous. But sometimes, all I need is a small postage stamp...
Hugo says this bug will be fixed soon -

RESIZE----------------

You can change images = JPGs BMPs or GIFs - as follows:

JPGs BMPs = click on the image >LEFT >Edit >Images > Resize/Skew >top box change to whatever percent you want - 75% - 50% etc. Put same in the 2 boxes >OK
>>>FORGET THE 2 BOTTOM BOXES

GIFs = You need an online editor - I use this

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

Ya gotta read and figure out what you want then put in size.

>Site >File >open >browse >select the image >upload >edit >resize
>Grab the box corners and go up or down >save as (use new name so old image is still good.

Hope I got them all in line fer ya...

Claude

http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207ef2634207.html

Re: Cannot insert images

John Yeoman
If I left click here, nothing happens. Right clicking is equally unhelpful.Thanks, Claude. Alas, when I click on an image (as at left), once it has appeared in a post, nothing happens. I have no option to resize it.

If I look at the preview of a post, of course, it presents the image solely as an HTML reference. Again, no option to click. I don't understand the instruction: 'edit >resize'. It does not seem to appear during my image download process.

Or have I misunderstood something very simple (yet again)?

Re: Cannot insert images

ClaudeMobetta
Takes time to learn = more time to teach

"once it has appeared in a post, nothing happens. I have no option to resize it."

You FIRST need to save the image to your system -
Right click on the image in the post and "Save picture as"
You then can tell it to go to desktop and name it whatever.jpg
NOW the image is in your system...

Then go to desktop - and try the EDIT instructions...

Ya can get me at - (copy and paste)   >>>    claudemobetta@aol.com

or post on Nabble here...