Cannot delete thread

NMSG WebAdministrator
I am the administrator for a forum and cannot delete this thread.  I just get asked to confirm deletion and then log in and nothing happens.

Also, I have a user who has forgotten her password, requests it to be resent and gets told that her profile doesn't exist.  I don't want to post her details here - what can I do?

Re: Cannot delete thread

Hugo <Nabble>
NMSG WebAdministrator wrote
I am the administrator for a forum and cannot delete this thread.  I just get asked to confirm deletion and then log in and nothing happens.
You can't physically delete this post, unless you are "rivergoing" (the author). What you can do is move this post out of the forum by clicking on "More > Remove this topic from forum".
NMSG WebAdministrator wrote
Also, I have a user who has forgotten her password, requests it to be resent and gets told that her profile doesn't exist.  I don't want to post her details here - what can I do?
Do you know if she posted at least one message on this server? If yes, please go to her post, click on her profile and check if she is really a registered user.

RE: Cannot delete thread

NMSG WebAdministrator
Hi Hugo

Thanks for the quick response.  I had been trying to remove the post (I meant remove when I wrote delete!!!) but it didn't work.  Just tried again and it's gone so problem solved!

I have a feeling that my user with no password is a bit confused and hasn't actually registered.  I asked her for her username and she said she wasn't given one....  I've asked her if she has posted at all and if I can't resolve this one myself, I'll get back to you.

Thanks again for the great support - Nabble is brilliant!

Kay

www.nmsg-singapore.com

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:40:17 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Cannot delete thread

NMSG WebAdministrator wrote:
I am the administrator for a forum and cannot delete this thread.  I just get asked to confirm deletion and then log in and nothing happens.
You can't physically delete this post, unless you are "rivergoing" (the author). What you can do is move this post out of the forum by clicking on "More> Remove this topic from forum".
NMSG WebAdministrator wrote:
Also, I have a user who has forgotten her password, requests it to be resent and gets told that her profile doesn't exist.  I don't want to post her details here - what can I do?
Do you know if she posted at least one message on this server? If yes, please go to her post, click on her profile and check if she is really a registered user.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Cannot-delete-thread-tp3235113p3235301.html
To unsubscribe from Cannot delete thread, click here.

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages