Cannot delete forum

Reis
I created a forum and decided I don't want to use it. My account options only lets me delete my account, not the forum I created. I didn't realize this and simply deleted my account but the forum still exists. How do I actually delete the forum? (this is a new account I had to create just to ask this question)

RE: Cannot delete forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
What is the address from the forum to be deleted?

Enviado pelo meu Windows Phone

RE: Cannot delete forum

Reis

RE: Cannot delete forum

GregChapman
I am suspicious that there may be misunderstanding about a Nabble "account".

See:
http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/My-Nabble-Account-That-s-Wrong-Thinking-td4012787.html

Israel can you consider changing the wording in the forum confirmation emails to become:

Email Confirmation
Please click on the confirmation link below to activate your registration on your new forum:

RE: Cannot delete forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Greg, maybe what happened is that he didn't made himself as admin, so the option to delete the forum didn't appear to him.

RE: Cannot delete forum

GregChapman
Hi Israel,

You are right, of course! It is possible the OP has registered multiple users on his forum and the "account" deleted refers to one that is not the one with Administrator rights.

However, my focus is on the use of the term "account". On Nabble Support we frequently see those who express surprise they have to register afresh when wanting to ask a question on Nabble Support. The final sentence in the opening post in this topic is another example. There appears to be a not unreasonable assumption in many that this "help service" will be built into the "account" they opened with Nabble when they created their forum.

I believe that the incorrect assumption is based partly on experience with other web site and forum service providers and is reinforced by the wording of the confirmation email they receive on creating their forum. That's why my comment concentrated on what I feel is misleading wording in that email.

It's also possible that the OP was fetching a cached copy of the forum and was misled into thinking the forum had not been deleted. Again, it all hinges on how you interpret the use of term "account".