Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
This post was updated on .
Have there been any changes to N8?  Today I can't add a link to a post in my forum.  When I click the Link button nothing happens.

Help, please.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
Well, with more testing I find that I can insert links with Edge and Firefox, but not Chrome.  And I've rebooted Chrome.

So, might there have been changes on N8 that triggered this?  Or is it something to do with Chrome?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
Hey, Nabble!  I think I've proven that you've changed something on N8 that is preventing some browsers from creating a "link".  In other words, when we click "Link" in the menu above nothing happens.

You'll remember that Pedro has brought an earlier version of Nabble up on our AWS servers.  I just checked and I can easily create a link in a post using Chrome on that version of Nabble, but cannot on my production forum, the one in the link in my sig, which runs on N8.

Yes, I can on N8 with Firefox and Edge, but cannot using Chrome and the majority of my users have Chrome.  So if Chrome works on an earlier version of Nabble but won't on what's running on N8, it would seem to say you've changed something.

Please help.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Can you please try to click twice?

Thanks for the reply, Israel.  I clicked 6 times and still nothing on my production forum on N8.  Works the first try on my test forum on AWS servers, and that's with the same instance of Chrome.

I have tried on my phone and it's working properly.
Can you please check on your side on a phone?

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
It works on my iPhone X with Chrome and Safari.  But it won't work on my Windows 10 machine with Chrome.  I've rebooted the machine and it makes no difference.  But, as said, on my test instance of Nabble on my AWS servers it works on the Windows 10 machine and Chrome.

So it appears to be something that has changed on N8.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
Ok guys, here's another clue.  I cannot create a link via Chrome with the forum embedded & redirected, but can if I don't redirect and go directly onto N8.

I took the redirect out, copied the URL, and logged in directly to N8.  Went to a recent post, clicked Reply, then Link, and got the link popup.

Then I put the redirect back in, went to the same post, clicked Reply, clicked Link, and got nothing.

I still have the straight-in tab open and can get the Link button to work perfectly each and every time.  And I have the redirected tab open and cannot get Link to work whatsoever.  Same computer, same browser, adjacent tabs.

And, I think this may have something to do with our inability to log into our instance of Nabble on the AWS servers if we go into the embedded site.  We can using Firefox, which also works with the Link button, but cannot log in using Chrome.  However, going straight into the AWS server w/o the embedding we can log in using any browser.

If you can fix that problem on N8 and tell Pedro how to fix it on our instance on AWS we could probably be off of N8 pretty quickly.  But until we get that problem solved we can't put the AWS instance into production.

Help, please!
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Cannot Add A Link On My Forum On N8

Gary Lewis
And yet another clue: Permalink doesn't work via Chrome/Win10 on the embedded forum but does via Firefox.  On Chrome when you click Permalink nothing happens.  On Firefox you get the popup with the permalink.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/