Can we get an update on downtime?

How long will it stay up?

Better to send me an email than communicate directly with my members. Let me do that.

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
I am hopeful that we won't lose our customizations again.  It requires much work (and a good memory that I don't have!)

Can we get an update on the forums

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
Dozens of forum members emailing me about status. Any updates?

(Please)

Greg do you know anything?

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Is this forum http://forum.nyskiblog.com/ ?  If yes, how is the DNS of forum.nyskiblog.com set up?  Is it an A record or a CNAME record?

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
Not sure. Are you saying my set up has me down?

--
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog

----------

The Blog: NYSkiBlog.com <http://www.NYSkiBlog.com>
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
<http://mag.NYSkiBlog.com>NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Yes that is my forum.

Does this have something to do with why I am down? Are others back up?

I have an appointment do I need to cancel it to get my forum back up?

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Harvey [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have an appointment do I need to cancel it to get my forum back up?

http://support.nabble.com/Can-we-get-an-update-on-downtime-tp7598468p7598484.html
To unsubscribe from Can we get an update on downtime?, click here.
NAML

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Okay in the confusion my guy just changed it to a cname I don't know you got to tell me what you want what do we have to do to get the form back up that's what I need to know

On Aug 20, 2017 4:23 PM, "Harvey" <[hidden email]> wrote:
forum
points to 162.253.133.72

It should be a CNAME to n3.nabble.com .

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
It was working before how come it doesn't work now

On Aug 20, 2017 5:54 PM, "Franklin &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It should be a CNAME to n3.nabble.com .

http://support.nabble.com/Can-we-get-an-update-on-downtime-tp7598468p7598491.html
To unsubscribe from Can we get an update on downtime?, click here.
NAML

Administrator
All Nabble servers are being updated.  To update, we install the new code on a new machine and then transfer the data there.  So the IP address changes.  If you use a CNAME, then this doesn't affect you.

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
We made the change and the forum still is not up is there something else we're doing wrong

On Aug 20, 2017 6:19 PM, "Franklin &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
All Nabble servers are being updated.  To update, we install the new code on a new machine and then transfer the data there.  So the IP address changes.  If you use a CNAME, then this doesn't affect you.

http://support.nabble.com/Can-we-get-an-update-on-downtime-tp7598468p7598493.html
To unsubscribe from Can we get an update on downtime?, click here.
NAML

Administrator
You have it set up wrong somehow.  It should resolve to the same IP address as n3.nabble.com but it doesn't.

Re: How can I remove the Nabble Down Message on my forum?

Harvey
It was a typo, we got it figured out. Thanks.

http://support.nabble.com/Can-we-get-an-update-on-downtime-tp7598468p7598495.html