Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Marc Martin
Hi, I've noticed that I'm getting a "NAML" link at the bottom of each foruim subscription email.  Now, this is handy for me (the list admin), as this is the only way that I've found to get to the forum macros.  But are all the subscribers seeing this link too?  If so, what use is it for them?  Can they override macros for themselves, or for the forum?  And if not, I'd think that it would be better if this link could be removed (if there is a way to do that), since I'd think it would just be confusing for the non-technical subscribers.

Although, like I said, I haven't yet found any other way for me to get to the forum macros...

Thanks for any insights... :-)

Marc

Re: Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Pedro
The users can see your macro source code, but they can't edit. Sometimes it can be useful for those who wants to know how to create a similar tweak in their own forum.
You can remove that link, but first, save the paths to your naml editor.

Re: Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Marc Martin
Ah, I see... and which macro would have to be overridden to remove the "NAML" link from e-mails?

Marc

See instant_html macro. Remove <n.macro_viewer_email_link macro="instant_html"/> line.

Re: Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Marc Martin
Thanks, that worked!

I'll leave the link in the digests in case I need to find that link again.

I assume that at some point the macro editor will be available via the "Options -> Application" menu?

Marc

I don't think so. The option menu is not available on every page.

Re: Can the "NAML" link be removed from subscriber emails?

Marc Martin
Oh wait... I just realized that the "Edit this Page" links take you the macro editor.... so no need to have it in "Options"....