Can't seem to ban an abusive user

cmp11
I get this message:     org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "ban_pkey"   Help!
Catherine Poole

Re: Can't seem to ban an abusive user

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
It looks like a bug. I just tried the ban feature and it works fine. Please try again and see it may go away. Meanwhile, we will look into it and fix it. But it may take a few days.

If you urgently need help, please tell us which user you want to ban, and we'll do it for you.

Also, I think your forum might look better using this MIXED view format. For example, here is a forum that uses this format http://n2.nabble.com/As-The-World-Turns---Fan-Message-Board-f473519.html To use this format, you will need to "restructure" your forum, change it from 3-level to a 2-level structure then set the parent to using the MIXED view format. Let me know if you need any help.

RE: Can't seem to ban an abusive user

cmp11

If you could ban WT I would appreciate it. I know he will continue to be harassing the site though.  Is there a way to ban his IP address?   I had to shut down recently and pull all of his posts. (he is also Watching2)

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Can%27t-seem-to-ban-an-abusive-user-tp2187517p2188132.html

Catherine Poole

RE: Can't seem to ban an abusive user

cmp11

Still get this message:

Catherine Poole

Administrator
We looked into it, it turns out to be a harmless message. The message shows when the user has already been banned. So, you can ignore that message for now. In our next release, we'll remove this error message.

RE: Can't seem to ban an abusive user

cmp11

This was never fixed..didn’t hear back from you

Catherine Poole