Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Coleen_Astalos
Pedro,
I thought the length of the page problem was resolved as I could see the bottom of the page and the "Post Message" links most of the time.  However, I've discovered it seems to be section dependent.  I seem to now only get the problem (and it always happens) in this section:  Newsletter Co-op, Next Month's staging area: http://forum.sudsol.org/Next-Month-s-Article-Staging-Area-f13225.html

This is a sub-forum of a sub-forum - not sure if that makes a difference or not.  The other sub-forum in that section seems to work fine.

Here is a picture of what I see:

As you can see the bottom of the page is cut off and the Post Message Option is not visible to complete the post.

I am using Firefox, but I have tested this in Internet Explorer as well and get the same results.

I also have the same problem anytime I preview a message that has more than a few lines in the message.  So I've removed the Preview option until this issue can be resolved (You can see/verify the problem when you Edit a post and do a preview as I didn't remove it there).

Can you help with this please.
Thanks,
Coleen

Reply page length is not reset - stays same size as previous page.

Coleen_Astalos
This post was updated on .
I think I've figured out at least part of the problem on not seeing the whole page.  When doing a "reply" to a post, not all of the reply page is showing.  Whatever page you were on when you pressed "reply", the page length of THAT page is what is used for the reply page.  (UPDATE: The same hold true for a New Post as well, which is why I only have a problem in one section, where there are no posts yet in that section so the original page is very short.  This also explains why the "Preview" option gets cut off as well as it needs much more space than the original page - I think this is the same problem that Greg was having in this post: http://support.nabble.com/Unable-to-Post-Image-tp7591508.html)

So if you were on a topic page that had multiple posts, then the bottom of the page is much lower and you can see all of the reply page.  For an example, look at this topic: http://forum.sudsol.org/items-for-gift-giving-td14754.html - press reply and you can see you have to scroll way down until you get to the bottom of the page (the blue footer bar)

But if you were on a topic page that had just a single post and that post was short, then the reply page is set to the same length as the original page and it cuts off the bottom of the reply page.  For an example, see this topic: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Article-for-the-Week-of-Nov-4-td14840.html  If you press reply on it, then it doesn't show all of the reply page - not even enough to get the Post Message link.

I believe this is an issue only in Embedded forums.

I'm hoping this information will help you isolate & resolve this problem.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Now, I see. I'm trying to figure it out. Please, give me more examples if you find.

Re: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Coleen_Astalos
I can give you a TON of examples as I can see what's happening on every post or reply.   All I have to do is look for a topic with no replies and a post that is fairly short - it will always be cut off with a reply:

Samples of small posts that end up getting cut off:
1) New post when here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Next-Month-s-Article-Staging-Area-f13225.html
2) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Merry-Everything-and-Fall-Fest-td14856.html
3) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Article-Ideas-for-December-Newsletter-Co-op-td14794.html
4) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/MDS-Project-Life-cards-td14588.html

The ones that always work are topics with lots of replies, or long posts.

Samples of long posts that work (and the footer is WAY down):
1) New post when here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Creative-Idea-Shares-f2.html
2) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-11-3-9-td14769.html
3) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Supplement-3D-Stars-td14658.html
4) Reply post here: http://forum.sudsol.org/ADMIN-New-editor-coming-td14569.html

It is VERY predictable now that I've figure out that it keeps the page length of the page you are on when press New Post or Reply.

Coleen

Re: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Pedro
Please, take a look again.

[...]

http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592410.html
To start a new topic under Nabble Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Nabble Support, click here.
NAML

Pedro Alberto Bento Gomes

RE: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Coleen_Astalos

Works great.  Thanks!

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, [hidden email]
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

[...]

http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592419.html

To unsubscribe from Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links, click here.
NAML

http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592423.html

Pedro Alberto Bento Gomes

Re: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Coleen_Astalos
 Most of the functions are no longer working.

Not working are:
Font Family
Font Size
Color
Format Block
Alignment
Insert Link
Insert Image
Insert Video
Upload File
Table

When I was looking to see what you had changed.  I noticed in froola_main that the first script that was listed (jquery-1.js) is no longer there.

Then I found your resize Frames fix at the bottom of the page.

Coleen

Re: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Pedro
It is working now, bu it is not perfect yet. The functions seems to be ok, but not the frame size.

http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592425.html

Pedro Alberto Bento Gomes

RE: Can't see bottom of page with Post Message links

Coleen_Astalos

Thanks.  It's best to have the buttons on the editor working.  I've not yet found a place where the frame size isn't working right.  The places I mentioned before seem to be working fine as far as page length.

But what I'm noticing is that the Administrator Options I normally see are not all there (I am logged in as an administrator)

For example:

- Options from the main page doesn't have the options for editing the application, etc.

- The options under "More" on a post such as Edit, Move, Delete are not there.

- The options at the top of a topic is not bringing up a menu at all.

Would the change you made effect that?

http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592438.html