Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
I am using Nabble to host a small forum at http://wsprdaemon.org/forum.htm,l but I cannot find a setting in Chrome or Safari which permits me to login using those browsers.

My symptoms are that I go through the login process and return to the forum page but I am still not logged in.  There was no 'failed to login' dialog.  Chrome says the site is not secure, but changing Chrome settings for the site has no effect.

Using Firefox without any configuration changes, I auto-login with the information stored in my Lastpass account.

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
What is the URL to your forum?

It is there in my first post:  http://wsprdaemon.org/forum.html

thanks for the help

Administrator
Is it a custom domain?

yes, I run the wsprdaemon.org site on a cloud server and my colleague who added a forum did so by linking to your service.
Most users seem to have no trouble with the login process, but there are no more than 20 users, I think.

Administrator
Do you have any URL like this: http://something.119580.n8.nabble.com  ?

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
Since I didn't add Nabble to our site and know very little about site administrtion, I am not sure how to answer.  You can see the 'login' link on our forum page points to:

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=login_page&nextUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com%2FFeature-request-ignore-of-a-callsign-before-upload-td51.html

Administrator
Are you able to access this "http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com" URL ?

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
ues, i get a login dialog which I fill out:

After I 'login' I am taken back to my forum page, but  the login link has not changed to my name, nor am I allowed to post replies

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
Here is what I see after a 'successful'login:

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
I can access your forum through Google Chrome. Is everything working properly on your end?

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
No, I still can't login when using Chrome.  I have disabled AdBlock and Lastpass and removed some other extensions and I still can't login

Administrator
Can you please try another device? Your phone for example.

Re: Can't login to my nabble forum from Chrome or Safari, only Firefox

rrobinet
As I said,  I have no problem logging in when using Firefox on the same laptop.
So my login problem is associated with Chrome and Safari running on Mac OSX Catalina.

I have just succeeded in login in using Chrome on a Win10 laptop.  And I can also login on a second Mac laptop using Chrome.

So this login problem is solely on my main laptop when using Chrome and Safari.

I infer there is a configuation setting  or OS setting on this one laptop which suppresses logins.  Since it is so confind, I wonder if is is worth your or my time to diagnose it.

I am interested in fixing it but appreciate you may have more pressing features and bugs to work on.

thanks for your interest