Can't insert images - all of a sudden!

John Yeoman
For several weeks, I've been unable to insert images in my Nabble forums. They are imbedded in Yola sites. When I click on Insert image, the image selection box appears and disappears within the forum frame. So the Post and Preview buttons are lost. I can insert images only if I access the forums at the Nabble site.

(This gives me another problem as, to get into my forum at Nabble, I first have to change the Embedding options at the imbedded Yola site to allow me to access the Nabble site. Otherwise, trying to access the Nabble forum URL just sends me back to Yola! So to insert any image is a to-and-fro labour of Hercules...)

Up to around four months ago, I had no problem imbedding images in my nine forums hosted at Yola. Now the problem occurs in all forums, using both IE and Mozilla, and miniaturising the screen view doesn't help. Has anything changed?

Re: Can't insert images - all of a sudden!

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi John, do you still have this issue?
If yes, please post a link to your sites and I will take a look.

Re: Can't insert images - all of a sudden!

John Yeoman
Thanks, Hugo

It's probably a browser problem. Some days I can't insert images using either Mozilla or IE. (The Post and Preview buttons vanish behind the forum frame.)

Today, I had no problems using either browser.

I suspect Lefora met a similar problem - of unpredictable browsing experience.  It no longer allows its forums to be imbedded in sites, which makes Lefora useless for anyone but a hobbyist. (That should give Nabble a clear market lead, in the commercial market :))

One work-around is to minimise the font size in the Appearances options. Usually, this works. (But then, some days it doesn't...)

That tip might be useful for other folk who face image insertion and/or editing problems.