Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

aval
I'm trying to use the digiKam forum to post some issues but I'm not able to subscribe to the mailing list. I always get the "SPAM" error in my mail:

This is the mail system at host n4.nabble.com.

                   The mail system

<digikam-users-request@kde.org>: host letterbox.kde.org[46.43.1.242] said: 554
    5.7.1 Mail has been rejected as SPAM (6.8) (in reply to end of DATA
    command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; n4.nabble.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 03:52:51 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; digikam-users-request@kde.org
Remote-MTA: dns; letterbox.kde.org
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Mail has been rejected as SPAM (6.8)

ForwardedMessage.eml
From:
avalx <andrej.valencic@zoho.com>
Date:
19/12/2019, 10:52
To:
digikam-users-request@kde.org

subscribe mqzjc84g

What might be the cause of this?

Re: Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

aval
Hmm, after I put this here I also got and email confirmation about the subscription and now it look OK - I get mails about digikam-users forum.

Re: Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

aval
Well I was to quick
Now I get emails from digikam-users list but if I try to post something it gets rejected with this error mail sent to me:

This is the mail system at host n4.nabble.com.

                   The mail system

<digikam-users@kde.org>: host letterbox.kde.org[46.43.1.242] said: 550 5.7.1
    rejected by DMARC policy for zoho.com (in reply to end of DATA command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; n4.nabble.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 10:01:51 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; digikam-users@kde.org
Remote-MTA: dns; letterbox.kde.org
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 rejected by DMARC policy for zoho.com

MariaDB/MySQL backup.eml
Subject:
MariaDB/MySQL backup
From:
avalx <andrej.valencic@zoho.com>
Date:
20.12.2019 17:01
To:
digikam-users@kde.org

I've switched from SQLite to MariaDB on my local DigiKam machine (Windows 10)
- it's much faster now, BTW. Now I'm wondering what is the best way to
backup the database. With SQLite it was easy - just copy all the database
files to another (safe) location.

With MariaDB I'm doing the following and would like to know if this is good
enough.

I use HeidiSQL admin tool for this procedure to copy the DK database to my
local Linux server with MySQL installed:
1. Tools -> Export database as SQL
2. Choose the Output as my MySQL server and same database as on source
3. Select to create tables and "Delete + Insert (truncate existing data)"
4. Select the digikam DB on my local machine
5. Click Export and wait for process to finish.

So my questions are:
-  is this procedure OK and will I be able to restore the database the same
way so digiKam will use it without problems (hope I won't need this )?
- what bothers me is the fact that on the destination server the tables'
properties are different after export than on the source (local machine),
for example there are different numbers of rows reported. Any ideas why that
might happen?

Or does somebody have any other suggestions on how to easily backup the
database?

Anybody has any ideas about that?

Re: Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

aval
Nobody???

Re: Can not subscribe to mailing list (digKam)

GregChapman
I can't help as I don't understand this DMARC stuff, but you are not alone!

See the elderly topic:
http://support.nabble.com/DKIM-header-does-not-comply-with-DMARC-td7598182.html#a7598244
and the more recent:

I think you do need to wait for one of the Nabble team to assist.

However, in general my advice would be use a mail list archive as a read-only facility - after all the term "archive" implies it's a dead document for reference only. Use it as a way of checking on topics discussed before subscribing or as a way to avoid clogging a mailbox with a lot of mail in which you have no interest and only rarely have something to add to the conversation (and do that by email).

I've even seen cases where people want to email a Nabble archive so it can then forward the post to a mail list! Now that is weird!