Broken link in mailing list subscription

Broken link in mailing list subscription

Todd_Power
Sorry to post again, but I'm testing out using the mailing list for my business.

My hope is that the business owners (who are Nabble users) can send out notifications etc. to everyone on their list, Nabble and non-Nabble. I've found where to subscribe people (Options -> Users -> Manage subscribers) and added a non-Nabble email address of mine.

I got the email it sent me, but when I go to confirm this, I'm just directed to a blank Nabble page although it doesn't have any errors. The link is:

I understand this would be easier for Nabble's sake if all the people were Nabble-users, but this isn't an option for most of the mailing list.

Also, can the people that are Nabble users send mail to everyone as well. I don't want this, and want to limit it to only the business owners. Would I do this in Options -> Users -> Who can view and post? by changing the option to Members can participate, but restricted topics?

Looking forward to your reply and thanking you in advance,
Todd Power

PS: On a side-note, can you tell me why my user name has been changed to Todd_Power-2?

Re: Broken link in mailing list subscription

Hugo <Nabble>
Todd_Power-2 wrote
My hope is that the business owners (who are Nabble users) can send out notifications etc. to everyone on their list, Nabble and non-Nabble. I've found where to subscribe people (Options -> Users -> Manage subscribers) and added a non-Nabble email address of mine.
Yes, that's the right thing to do.
Todd_Power-2 wrote
I got the email it sent me, but when I go to confirm this, I'm just directed to a blank Nabble page although it doesn't have any errors. The link is:

This is very strange. I checked our database and your second user is not there. When we send subscription invitations we create unregistered users in our database so that we can manage them as subscribers. But for some reason your second account is not there (i.e., hotmail email). I see your yahoo and optusnet accounts, but not the hotmail one. Did you do anything different with this email address (e.g. redirect emails to another address)? If not, please repeat the process (send the invite again, preferably to another test email) and let me know if you still have issues.
Todd_Power-2 wrote
I understand this would be easier for Nabble's sake if all the people were Nabble-users, but this isn't an option for most of the mailing list.
We agree with this and we address this issue. Users that are not registered with Nabble should be able to participate in any forum/mailing list.
Todd_Power-2 wrote
Also, can the people that are Nabble users send mail to everyone as well. I don't want this, and want to limit it to only the business owners. Would I do this in Options -> Users -> Who can view and post? by changing the option to Members can participate, but restricted topics?
"Members can participate" should be enough for your case. All you have to do is make sure you have the business owners as members of you forum. Normal subscribers (those people that cannot post) should NOT be in that list.
Todd_Power-2 wrote
PS: On a side-note, can you tell me why my user name has been changed to Todd_Power-2?
Something went wrong with your user name on this server (n2). Your name is ok on the other server (n3) where your forum is. I will investigate what happened. As you might know, we have distributed user accounts on the Nabble2 system, which is composed of several servers. The code that distributes the user accounts might have a bug. I will take a closer look.

Re: Broken link in mailing list subscription

Todd_Power
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your help.

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Todd_Power-2 wrote
I got the email it sent me, but when I go to confirm this, I'm just directed to a blank Nabble page although it doesn't have any errors. The link is:

This is very strange. I checked our database and your second user is not there. When we send subscription invitations we create unregistered users in our database so that we can manage them as subscribers. But for some reason your second account is not there (i.e., hotmail email). I see your yahoo and optusnet accounts, but not the hotmail one. Did you do anything different with this email address (e.g. redirect emails to another address)? If not, please repeat the process (send the invite again, preferably to another test email) and let me know if you still have issues.
I tried it again with another account of mine and the same thing happened. This is the link it gave me:

Should I try scratching this mailing list and making a new one? (It has nothing on it yet, so this wouldn't be a problem for me)

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Broken link in mailing list subscription

Hugo <Nabble>
The link you posted is broken because you forgot to add "==" at the end of the URL (look at the original email and check that these chars exist at the end of the link). So the link you have to click is:

(Please let me know if the link above works for you)

We are working on these broken links right now because several email clients ignore the "==" at the end. Here is another complain:
http://n2.nabble.com/emailed-links-don-t-work-tp2286493p4177130.html

Re: Broken link in mailing list subscription

Todd_Power
Hi Hugo,

It works now. Perfect. Thanks for all your help.

Todd