Breaking out forum threads

Harvey
At times a thread will drift into another subject, and I'd like to break it into another thread and RENAME it.

If the first post of the drift is not OWNED by me, I end up either with two threads with the same name, or I have to create a "dummy" first post to attach all the other posts too.

Translation - I'd like to be able to change the title of a post when I break it out into another thread.

Re: Breaking out forum threads

Harvey
For some reason I can't edit the above post. Just posting so I can subscribe to this thread.

Re: Breaking out forum threads

We implemented this for you. After moving a post, you will see a page where you can edit its subject. Only administrators see this option.

Re: Breaking out forum threads

Harvey
Thank you!

I still need lessons on how to break things out.  I realize the threaded view is probably the key, but I spend a lot of time moving things back and forth.

Re: Breaking out forum threads

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
I still need lessons on how to break things out.  I realize the threaded view is probably the key, but I spend a lot of time moving things back and forth.
Yes, you should switch to the threaded view and look at the tree structure before moving nodes.