Best way to promote forum...

mywaytoo
I can't quite envisage how the email works... I know that people can subscribe and receive details of additional comments... but I'm not sure that that is what I want because it relies on users initiating the subscription.

I want to encourage people to join in with my forum, so I am planning on giving away free pdf files of knitting patterns for everyone who joins. But how can I do this most effectively? And preferably automatically?

Has anyone got any ideas please?
Anne

Re: Best way to promote forum...

Camo
Yes, You can create a mailing list Free, to which your users can subscribe. You have an admin panel and templetes to create mail/newsletter which you can automail to all subscribers. If this is what you want,
please visit http://www.bravenet.com/ and create a new account. Then from webtools, choose, 'create mailing list'. The free version is limited to 200 subscribers, so unless you will go over that fast, you may want to buy the premium version which offers 2000 I think.
The templets and admin panel are easy to use and you can create very nice quality newsletters free.
Although this provides code for a subscription widget to place where you want it, It does ofcourse require user initiation, but only the first time.

Additionally, A great way to promote your Forum is to create a customised toolbar for your forum.
Put your brandname on it and give it whatever cool functions you like. Add and rss widget and include feeds from other forums, or your own, or anywhere else. Your users can be provided a link or button to click that goes to the download page which you can also customise ofcourse. Everything is customisable, and its free!
Your users can get the freshest content from your site right on the desktop and connect and interact with your site with one click! Check out 'Conduit' Sign Up Free

Additionally, you can add your sites forum feeds posted directly to your facebook profile with Rss Grafitti
Get It here  http://apps.facebook.com/rssgraffiti/
You can also Add a facebook 'like' Button to any or every page of your website or blog etc by adding in this code where you want it to work...

<script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
      <fb:like></fb:like>

Users Can 'Like' Your page, which auto submits the pages link and whatever comment they make, to their facebook wall, where you gain another link back and free advertising for your website. Facebook is the biggest social network by far, what better place to recruit forum members! And this is also Free!

Best Wishes
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Best way to promote forum...

mywaytoo
I want to promote from within Nabble. I've got access to all sorts of things on my website, but not Login functionality... but I get that now with Nabble.

But I need to be able to move a newly registered user to a members' group, and, on doing so, send them an email message that will allow them access to a pdf file via an address and password.

I can see a few ways of doing it all manually, but not automatically... Ugggh!
Anne

Re: Best way to promote forum...

Camo
You'd need a script written into your nabble app to do that, apparently scripting customisation will be possible when the templets are completed. I have no ETA on that.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles