Banning

Claude
Hi,

Can you explain exactly how Banning works...
Can a non registerd person Ban another just for the heck of it?
Or is it only for registered members?

What's to keep a nut case - from coming in and banning all... ?

I searched the Support Posts - but never really had Banning explained..

Thanks you

Re: Banning

Gambodini
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Thank you for your time

Re: Banning

Will <Nabble>
Nabble's user ban is unique.

In short, anybody can ban anybody. When A bans B, B cannot post anywhere under any node (forum/thread/blog/gallery/post ...) owned by A.

This may sound strange. For example, a user in a forum may ban the forum owner. Yes, it may sound outrageous, but in reality, this user is just stupid, because the forum owner can ban and remove all posts by this user.

The reason for this design is that a bad user exist in context, and often it's the users who are close to the bad user knows the best. So, if I start a thread in a forum, and there is a bad user causing trouble, it will be me, the user, who knows the situation the best, not the forum owner. Instead waiting for forum owner to act, I can simply ban this user myself. Most of the time, the bad user may just be a spammer. In the case of a user conflict, the two can simply ban each other, therefore they cannot reply under each other's post/thread, thus removing the root cause for rely-wars.

The feature is experimental, so we may change it, but sofar it's working fine and we haven't heard any reasonable argument against it yet.

Re: Banning

Will <Nabble>
I replied. See my reply in this thread.

Re: Banning

vincent
please sir can we do something about bro.matt regarding his attitude in the forum addressing one person as a crazy he is the insinuating trouble among the poster's try to read his posts

Re: Banning

ClaudeMobetta
Just a reminder - this topic is from Claude - Not claudemobetta -
Claude - not too common..

ClaudeMobetta

Re: Banning

XX etrius XX
What if you as an administrator ban someone, does that fully revoke there ability to post? (does it have any other effects?)
:: I need new signature ::
:: I know ::

Re: Banning

Franklin <Nabble>
vincent wrote
please sir can we do something about bro.matt regarding his attitude in the forum addressing one person as a crazy he is the insinuating trouble among the poster's try to read his posts
You can ask the forum owner about this.

Re: Banning

Franklin <Nabble>
XX etrius XX wrote
What if you as an administrator ban someone, does that fully revoke there ability to post? (does it have any other effects?)
Only within the forum owned by the administrator.  No other effects.