Backup Restore

Häusermann
Hi
I have a backup of an old forum. I didn't use it for some time but I need it now! How can I restore my forum?

Where can I post my backup file or how can I restore the forum by myself?

Thanks for help
Julian

Re: Backup Restore

GregChapman
Post the backup file here - or a link to it.

One of the Nabble team should then be able to restore your forum.

Re: Backup Restore

Häusermann
I can't post a the folder and I don't know wich file is the right one...

I post the backup folder via google drive...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10SlR_wQcpUkMwbDiZ4568pH6QJxD4uQn?usp=sharing

Ok like this?

Re: Backup Restore

haozwang<Nabble>
Did you get an email with a link? What’s your forums former url?

Re: Backup Restore

Häusermann
Yes. Sorry... Didn't think of that. Here: http://n4.nabble.com/backups/site_2366069_1871026390.zip

Re: Backup Restore

Häusermann
Another question: I had an account on nabble. I think it was deleted with the forum... Yesterday I set up a new account with the same e-mail adress as before. Can i use my old forum with my new account?

Re: Backup Restore

GregChapman
There's not such a thing as an "account on Nabble".

Every forum is an independent entity.

So, in just the same way that you might use the same email address to register on Amazon and eBay and Gmail you may use the same email address on as many Nabble forums as you like.

The only restriction is that any one forum cannot have two registrations using the same address.

Once your forum is restored you will have the same ID (address and password)  that you had registered before. That could be the same or different to the email address you used to register on Nabble Support.

Re: Backup Restore

haozwang<Nabble>