[Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

Crowne Forum

We will respond ASAP.
Currently under construction.

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

Harvey
What is up with this ad in my forum? I am paying to remove ads?

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

GregChapman
I have warning the poster that he will get banned if he doesn't remove the setting but he claims not to know how.

For the moment I am moving his posts to the spam folder.

I am confused. This ad is a hack?

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

GregChapman
Oops! I got confused! What's written below applies to the auto-response message from "Crowne Forum" and not the Sushi ad.

I don't think so.

This guy requested the Invite subscriber module for
http://the-crowne-on-oak-owner-s-forum.50136.n8.nabble.com/ in a post at:
http://support.nabble.com/Need-to-add-users-module-td7600400.html

That seemed to go fine, but somewhere along the line he subscribes to a number of topics and set up an auto response. He doesn't seem to be aware of where/how he did that and how to stop it.

He has since deleted his forum, complaining of confusion about his  four test users and never knowing whether he was logged in or not and of the complexity and bugs.

I recall that the forum was intended to be embedded in residents association site for this apartment block, but since the deletion of his forum I can't be certain of that:
https://condos.ca/vancouver/crowne-on-oak-5770-oak-st

It seems he is now gone, but if his auto-response does not stop soon I have told him I will ban his current user on Nabble support and he would need to register using a different address should he chose to return.

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

Gary Lewis
Greg - Doesn't it have to be a hack?  It is showing up on my forum as well.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

GregChapman
There is some confusion here and I've edited my earlier post in this topic.

I was responding to the "Auto Reply" issue not the "Sushi advert" issue.

I think it was before your time with Nabble that after a trial period large graphical banner ads would appear below the first post and before the last post in any topic. Back then you could pay to have those ads removed. Nabble then withdrew payment for removing such ads a while ago and went completely Ad-free.

Currently, Nabble is funded entirely by its investors. Exactly who they are I don't know, but I assume Franklin is one and, perhaps, the only one.

At the time of going ad-free Franklin did say he was experimenting with other less intrusive advert delivery methods. (I understood the Resume ad in the footer was one of those experiments.) It's possible the sushi thing is another experiment which, it seems, is only affecting some forums.

Re: [Auto-Reply] Single Sushi Advert!

Gary Lewis
I would have thought they would tell us before doing something like that.  I really hope not as my estimation of Nabble is a lot higher than that.

I advise all of my users to disable their ad blockers on my site.  But with a bit of experimentation I've discovered that I can enable mine and get rid of that advert w/o getting rid of the signatures, which was the original problem.  So if this is going to persist then I will instruct them on how to set up their ad blockers to strip it out.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/