Artifactory-Users Forum is gone

Yoav Landman
Hello,

Our forum "Artifactory-Users", archiving artifactory-users@lists.sourceforge.net for the past 5-6 years, has suddenly disappeared from Nabble!
We have not received any notification about it, nor was it removed by any of our admins.

We also have "forums.jfrog.org" as a CNAME to the Nabble domain that used to hold this forum, and users are getting a 503 from it now.

We need your urgent help with this.

Thank you,
Yoav Landman
JFrog

Re: Artifactory-Users Forum is gone

Hugo <Nabble>
Please make sure your CNAME record points to n2.nabble.com. Yesterday the database disk of that server crashed and we had to restore the service on another machine (no data was lost). So the CNAME record must point to n2.nabble.com so that it can follow our DNS changes.

For now, I reset the domain name of your forum, so you can find it here:
http://artifactory.2380776.n2.nabble.com/

Feel free to set the domain name again.
Please let us know if you still have issues.

Re: Artifactory-Users Forum is gone

Yoav Landman
Thanks, but it seems that now if I try a CNAME with artifactory.2380776.n2.nabble.com it always goes to the Nabble home page instead of the forum page, or a direct post page when trying this with a direct post url.
What should the CNAME value be in order to end up in the same page as artifactory.2380776.n2.nabble.com?

PS. Note that I reverted the CNAME change until it is guaranteed to work, to prevent search engines from discarding results.

Re: Artifactory-Users Forum is gone

Hugo <Nabble>
The CNAME record should point to "n2.nabble.com". The Nabble server will identify the domain name and will serve the URLs correctly. Please try that and let me know if it works.

It doesn't work. As expected, it just takes you to the nabble front page.
Please advise.

Re: Artifactory-Users Forum is gone

Yoav Landman
Okay, we figured out the issue - not resetting the domain name on the nabble end.
Everything works now.

Thanks for you help