Archiving forum when not administrator

Libby
Hi,

I would like to archive a forum that was set up by my father, but has since passed away. I received an email to say it will be deleted soon due to lack of use and I would like to archive it so that his unique style of writing and his online presence won't be lost to the ether.

I cannot find a way to archive without being administrator. I may be able to access his online passwords at some point in the next few weeks, but not before the deletion date (next Saturday). Does anyone have any ideas?

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/

Thanks in advance.

Re: Archiving forum when not administrator

GregChapman
I assume that you, or some other visitor, has clicked on the message that will have appeared on the forum when you  received the "scheduled for deletion" message. That means that the forum will stay live until such time as it again receives no visitors. (I have more about the process at:
http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/Restoring-A-Deleted-Forum-tp4012788.html

In the circumstances Nabble may be able to switch you to become the owner. I do not know what policy/procedure they have for this, but your post is sufficient to start the ball rolling. Hopefully you'll get an official response soon.

Re: Archiving forum when not administrator

Raven<Nabble>
Hi Libby, I've given your account administrator rights.

Re: Archiving forum when not administrator

Raven<Nabble>
Also transferred ownership of the forum over to you

Re: Archiving forum when not administrator

Libby
Great, thanks for all your help!