Approving Registrations

Andy Hoyt
I really don't much care who reads my forum, but wish to control who can post on it. Is there a way to configure things so that I approve a registration before posting privileges are granted?
Only the Blue Roads

Re: Approving Registrations

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Andy,

We have been discussing this implementation internally. Soon you will be able to select which users are authorized to post a message in your forum through Nabble's web site. You will have to add one by one to the authorized list. How many users do you think your community has?

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Hard to say how many. The potential is for a few thousand but I'm betting that it won't go much past a couple hundred. I'm not worried about my time investment doing this. But do the numbers present an issue to you? When might the feature be activated?
Only the Blue Roads

Re: Approving Registrations

Hugo <Nabble>
Andy Hoyt wrote
I'm not worried about my time investment doing this.
We will probably offer an easy way for the forum owner to add several users at once.
Andy Hoyt wrote
But do the numbers present an issue to you?
No.
Andy Hoyt wrote
When might the feature be activated?
It should be available in one or two months.

Re: Approving Registrations

Andy Hoyt
That's all great news. Thanks.
Only the Blue Roads

Re: Approving Registrations

martin_test
As a follow up to our previous discussion:
http://n2.nabble.com/Private-forum---how-is-the-situation--td473393.html

I'd like to add that we too do not necessarily care who can read, but wish we have enough control over who can post, can moderate, gets banned.

And just to give you an idea, we are realistically talking about tens of posters initially.

Re: Approving Registrations

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for letting us know. We are very much user driven, so the more people ask for it the faster you will get it.

We will probably get this done in a week or so. Is that good enough for you?

Re: Approving Registrations

martin_test
In a week?! Wow, that would save me so much time looking looking elsewhere.

Please, don't get me wrong, I don't mean it the in the arrogant "Hey, you either do it, or I look elsewhere" way at all!

I'm just supposed to bring a solution, so I have no choice. And since I have no way of knowing when this may be implemented, I just have to look at other options and potentialy waste my time.

So, pretty please :-)

Re: Approving Registrations

Andy Hoyt
How 'bout it, Will?

Is the feature getting close?
Only the Blue Roads

Administrator
Yes, it's high priority and it's getting close. But sorry, I was too optimistic in my previous estimate. I think I probably made a typo, I should have said a month instead of a week. We can have it in another 2 weeks.

Re: Approving Registrations

Andy Hoyt
ta dum ta dum ta dum
Only the Blue Roads