Apache Camel mailing lists change

Hadrian Zbarcea
Hi,

Apache Camel [1] recently became a TLP project.  As such the mailing lists [2] changed to:

Camel User List users@camel.apache.org
Camel Developer List dev@camel.apache.org
Camel Commits List commits@camel.apache.org

Could you please help with making the necessary changes to the nabble forums or let me know if I could do it myself?  The old lists camel-*@activemq.apache.org are still in use, so I think a merge is needed.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Camel-f22882.html

Many thanks,
Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Claus Ibsen
Nabble

Any update on this one? Its been almost 2 weeks since the move and many users like to use nabble for user forums and now they cant get it to work with Apache Camel.

We would appreciate if you would look into this and help us.

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the delay. Will do it today.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Claus Ibsen (via Nabble) - No Reply
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nabble
>
> Any update on this one? Its been almost 2 weeks since the move and many
> users like to use nabble for user forums and now they cant get it to work
> with Apache Camel.
>
> We would appreciate if you would look into this and help us.

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Hi Hadrian,

I've created a new sub-forum for each new archive:
http://www.nabble.com/Camel---Users-f36428.html
http://www.nabble.com/Camel-Development-f36429.html
http://www.nabble.com/Camel---Commits-f36430.html

I've appended "(activemq)" to the old forums so that people can know the difference.

Please let me know if you have questions, comments and concerns.
Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Many thanks Hugo!
Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Claus Ibsen
Hi

Thanks a lot. It works like a charm.

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

Can you also move the messages from the old "mailbox" to the new one created ?

Many thanks in advance,

Charles

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Hugo <Nabble>
The problem is that the old mailing list is still active. Since Nabble can't have one forum with two mailing lists, we have to keep them separated.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Willem.Jiang
Hi Hugo,

I found another question , if the user posts a mail in the old nabble camel-user(activmq). We can get the mail from users@camel.apache.org. But if we reply the mail to users@camel.apache.org or camel-user@activemq.apache.org, the replying mail does not appare in the old nabble camel-user(activmq), and it is only shown on new camel-user forum.

If the user only looks the camel-user(activemq) forum, he will never get the response.

So please merge the old activemq mailing lists with the new ones.

Thanks,

Willem

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Hugo <Nabble>
Willem.Jiang wrote
All the mail send to camel old mailing lists will be redirect to ***@camel.apache.org.
ok
Willem.Jiang wrote
I found another question , if the user posts a mail in the old nabble camel-user(activmq). We can get the mail from users@camel.apache.org. But if we reply the mail to users@camel.apache.org or camel-user@activemq.apache.org, the replying mail does not appare in the old nabble camel-user(activmq), and it is only shown on new camel-user forum.
The redirect probably replaces all headers with the new mailing list information. So Nabble can't identify the old mailing list in those emails and archive them as emails from the new mailing list.

Since this redirect has been set, I think we should move the old archives (activemq) under the new archives. This works like a merge for Nabble: all posts will be accessible from the new archive forum page and all new topics and replies will go to the new mailing list. Is this what you want?

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Willem.Jiang
Hi Hugo,

That's what I want. Please go ahead to do it :)

Thanks,

Willem

Hugo <Nabble> (via Nabble) wrote:

>     Willem.Jiang wrote:
>     All the mail send to camel old mailing lists will be redirect to
>     ***@camel.apache.org.
>
> ok
>
>     Willem.Jiang wrote:
>     I found another question , if the user posts a mail in the old
>     nabble camel-user(activmq). We can get the mail from
>     [hidden email]. But if we reply the mail to
>     [hidden email] or [hidden email], the
>     replying mail does not appare in the old nabble camel-user(activmq),
>     and it is only shown on new camel-user forum.
>
> The redirect probably replaces all headers with the new mailing list
> information. So Nabble can't identify the old mailing list in those
> emails and archive them as emails from the new mailing list.
>
> Since this redirect has been set, I think we should move the old
> archives (activemq) under the new archives. This works like a merge for
> Nabble: all posts will be accessible from the new archive forum page and
> all new topics and replies will go to the new mailing list. Is this what
> you want?
>
> Regards,
> Hugo Teixeira
> Nabble.com

> You can reply by email or by visting the link above.

Re: Apache Camel mailing lists change

Hugo <Nabble>
ok, this is done.
Please take a look.