Any insight into Nabble's Future

Flick
I've noticed a lot of activity on Nabble's support forum over the last few months so maybe now is a good time to ask what are Nabble's future plans. By that I mean both products and company. Do you have surprises in store for us. Will you be maintaining the current product line. I hope so, I love the embedded forum.  Can you offer us any insight into what the future holds for current Nabble users.

Re: Any insight into Nabble's Future

GregChapman
A good question, well asked!

There was a point when we were told that "Blasma" was just around the corner. The date for that seems to have receded and there are now no promises.

As a heavily committed user I find it worrying that there is no visible means of support for Nabble. They are no fees, nor is it currently advertising supported, nor does it promote itself as an open source project with a group of dedicated volunteers behind it.

I used to have a  post on my GregHelp site that used to have links to a number of statements found on Nabble Support that reported on Nabble's future but that seems to have gone missing! :-(

Re: Any insight into Nabble's Future

Gary Lewis
Amen!  I'm heavily committed as well, but do worry from time to time about how Nabble is supported and how it can remain viable.  Sure hope it does!
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Any insight into Nabble's Future

sparkle
Gosh I used to pay to have advertising removed and I'd not even noticed!

It is concerning when we have a well used forum.

Re: Any insight into Nabble's Future

sparkle
What is the best way to protect ourselves - regularly download a backup of the forum?  Will we be able to move over easily I wonder?