An e-mail with every new post

gingerbbm
Hi

I subscribed to the OpenLayers-Users mailing list and Nabble forum and proceeded to receive an e-mail of each new post and each reply. I switched off the relevant option via the mailing list interface, but still the messages came. So I switched it off via Nabble and still they came. I have now unsubscribed to both but still I'm getting the messages.

Any idea how to sort this out?

Thanks
Stuart

Re: An e-mail with every new post

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Stuart,

You probably still have some kind of active subscription available. Please go to Your Account > Personal Settings > Email Subscriptions and unsubscribe from forums/topics that you don't want to receive anymore.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.
Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: An e-mail with every new post

gingerbbm
Hmm... for the forum in question I have the following options under Type:

All Forum Posts
New Topics Only

Under my other forums the option is "All replies".

So I don't appear to have the choice. Presumably this is configured by whoever set up this particular forum?

As an aside, if I click "Unsubscribe" the screen refreshes and I'm still subscribed...

Re: An e-mail with every new post

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
This has been confirmed as a bug, we fixed it, and we will try to release later today or tonight. Then you should be able to remove your subscriptions. Sorry for the trouble.

The fix has been released. You can click the unsubscribe to remove all your subscriptions.

Re: An e-mail with every new post

gingerbbm
Well I was able to unsubscribe, so thanks for the fix. Ideally I don't want to be unsubscribed though. Rather, I'd like to be able to configure it so that I just receive replies to my posts, but this option wasn't available.

Is this configurable by the person who created the forum?

Re: An e-mail with every new post

Hugo <Nabble>
gingerbbm wrote
... I'd like to be able to configure it so that I just receive replies to my posts, but this option wasn't available.
Please go to "Your account > Personal Settings > Email Subscriptions" and find the subscription you want to change. Click on "Edit" and change it to "Direct Replies Only". Does that work?

Re: An e-mail with every new post

gingerbbm
Er... no. As I said above, the options are:

    All Forum Posts
    New Topics Only

Having successfully unsubscribed, if I want to resubscribe the page reads:

    Do you really want to subscribe to this forum?
        OpenLayers Users
        Subscribe to every message posted in the forum.
        Subscribe to new topics only.

    Subscription Format
        Individual emails (you can reply by email)
        Daily digest

All this seems to suggest that the owner of the forum has restricted how one subscribes.

What do you think?

Re: An e-mail with every new post

Hugo <Nabble>
I see what you mean.
To receive only replies to your messages, you should unsubscribe and then click on the "Alert me by email when someone replies to my message" checkbox when you compose a message. See screenshot:

Please let us know if you have more questions, comments or concerns.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: An e-mail with every new post

gingerbbm
Thanks Hugo. That's something I do as a matter of course, I just wondered whether the behaviour I'm seeing is by design, or a fault.

Thanks again
Stuart