Allowing people to comment but not post - help please!

Allowing people to comment but not post - help please!

Richard Vobes
I have started a blog on nabble, which has been great. However, I don't want other people to post a blog, as its obviously my blog, but I would people to be able to comment if they wish. I have looked at the settings and it seems that the option to prevent people from posting, but allwoing anyone to comment is there. It seems to want to have people autorised only.

Can some one help please?

Vobes

Re: Allowing people to comment but not post - help please!

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Go to your blog, under "Options", there is a command to "Restrict new topics & subcategories", do that, make sure the checkbox is checked, save, then people cannot start new topics in your blog. Only owners can post new topics. But people can still post comments.

You probably still see the "New post" link because you are logged in as the owner. If you log out, go visit your blog, you shouldn't see the "New Post" link as it is hidden from all non-owners.

Let me now if you still have problems or questions.

Re: Allowing people to comment but not post - help please!

Richard Vobes
Thanks for this - but this is set that way.

However, any one wishing to comment is asked to send an authorised request, which is strange.

Vobes

Re: Allowing people to comment but not post - help please!

Richard Vobes
Thanks - I have it sorted now, I believe. Thanks again.