Advertising Removal Option

Harvey
I'd like to be able to turn the advertising on and off — paying when the ads are off.

My forum is about winter sports and in the winter (actually starting about now) ads are relevant, and I want to display them.

Could you ad a radio button that turns advertising on and off?

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Peter <Nabble>
I'm not sure about the interface yet but do you want us to turn ads on now and freeze your credits?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Harvey
Peter <Nabble> wrote
I'm not sure about the interface yet but do you want us to turn ads on now and freeze your credits?
If you think the functionality will be available soon I'll wait. I really want to see what kinds of ads I'm getting and I don't want to waste your time turning ads on and off.

I can't tell you that now because we have to evaluate a few things before doing it but I will get an answer about it as soon as possible.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Harvey
Thanks Peter. This is somewhat important, but not at the top of the list. Just trying to get it all down so I don't forget.

As always my top priorities are forum reliability, and then SEO and indexing/removal of errors.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Peter <Nabble>
Since it is not something users are requesting, for now, we will just take note of how many credits you have (of course, we will send you an e-mail with the amount) and reduce it to zero so ads show up again. If you want them removed again, just tell us and we will restore the ads.

I understand you will want to make some tries to see which ads come until you decide to keep them. That's ok.

I'd like this option, but it's not a top priority. Get to it when you can.

OK, but since we can already manage that for you, please, don't expect it soon because we really have other priorities and we can address your need in an easier way.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Harvey
That's fine.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Harvey44 wrote
I'd like to be able to turn the advertising on and off — paying when the ads are off.

My forum is about winter sports and in the winter (actually starting about now) ads are relevant, and I want to display them.

Could you ad a radio button that turns advertising on and off?

Still would like this feature.

But man I am DIGGIN most of the ads we are getting now that ski season is almost here:

They are in the right spot and nicely presented/separated.

Nice work guys.

Re: Advertising Removal Option

Peter <Nabble>
Thank you. We are glad you liked it.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.