Advertisements...

mywaytoo
I guess it had to happen... Shame!
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
Does EVERY page view decrement your balance?

I go in and out of my pages many times a day. Perhaps my users do too. This is open to abuse...
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
This is what I have posted on my Forum...

Hmmm... FREE... to good to be true I guess... but let's see what options are available...

Nabble are going to add adverts into their pages... unless Forum owners pay to have them removed...

THESE ARE NOT MY ADVERTS... I DO NOT GET ANY MONEY OR PAYMENT FROM THESE ADVERTS...
quite the opposite... I have to pay to have them removed...

Options that spring to mind...
1. Leave the adverts in... These will only be on the embedded forum sections, not the website itself...
2. Pay to have them removed... and either:
          a. make charges for entries / links / photos / things myself;
          b. put adverts on the website pages for which I would receive income;
3. Abandon Nabble and use Facebook discussion pages... for free, but with their adverts too;
4. Abandon the whole idea and sell the website name, WelwynHatfieldCommunity.com...

Anne

Re: Advertisements...

Peter <Nabble>
As it may seem open to abuse it is just not abusing. 1 page view is like 1/10 of cent or less (I don't quite remember the value but it's something very cheap).

While you get nothing from them you also don't have to spend money on them. You can just leave them there.

The ads won't show in your website. Just on the embedded Nabble app. Any other pages on your site are free from ads.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
nabble advert...

I am speechless... This is not acceptable...
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

Peter <Nabble>
Indeed these are not. We asked specifically to not have ads like that. I'm going to report that to the ads network. I'm sorry.

You got 1000 credits. We are very sorry. We were surprised either.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertisements...

donharrison
while l dont seem to need support, l'm happy to help pay for extra support staff, as l dont like add's at all, and not interested in earning anything from my site. the reason's l use nabble remains, its the best & easiest forum software to use for us. (a bunch of friendly fisho's banging on, about there trips on the water!) but l do have a question tho, where does the credit balance show?

cheers Don.
www.fishingwesternport.com

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
Peter <Nabble> wrote
You got 1000 credits. We are very sorry. We were surprised either.
Where have the adverts gone on my forums?

I have not selected No Adverts...

I am telling people that the adverts are not my idea... and now there aren't any adverts...

If you have applied those 1000 credits yourselves without my approval, you are making me look very silly and unreliable to my users...

Anne

Re: Advertisements...

GodlyPerfection
mywaytoo wrote
nabble advert...
 I am speechless... This is not acceptable...

lol... the same thing happened to one of our users:

Source

noklu wrote

But come on, I don't want this kind of advertisements...really.

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.

Re: Advertisements...

Spiderman
It seems we are trapped. Either pay money to remove ad or bother it. Now I can't move my forum site to others because doing so all my post/topics and forum user will lost.

Re: Advertisements...

Spiderman
I used to embed the forum on my blogger site where I have Adsense, now if this types of Adult based ad appears then I fear someone will report my site to Adsense to disable my account. ooops!

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
nabble ad disclaimer

I have put a disclaimer on my forums... This one everything is supposed to be free including my time and effort but it looks like I get income from adverts... Another one may have children looking in and I must protect them...
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

Peter <Nabble>
We are already in contact with the ads network and these ads have been blocked.

Please, let us know if there are still any offending ads so we can take the necessary actions.

Again, we are very sorry. We stated specifically for no adult ads.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
Peter... So you want us to TEST the adverts for you then?
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

I can see ya have to make a buck - no problem -
But is there a way to pay to have NO ADs on a site -
I'd be interesting in looking into paying for NO ADS...

I haven't been to this support site in a long time...

Ads were a surprise...

Claude

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Advertisements...

ClaudeMobetta
Howdy -

I paid the $5 fer 10,000 views - that's cheap enough -
But when does it take effect????
I logged out and cleared my cache - but still got ads???
How log will the ads remain?

Claude

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
ClaudeMobetta wrote
I can see ya have to make a buck...
YES... I agree too... but it is the way that it has been introduced that I find upsetting. All the type about 'the new software ideas', but nothing about adverts...
Anne

Re: Advertisements...

ClaudeMobetta
Howdy Nabble and all...

I got the $5 ad removal deal - and all the ads are now gone -
But I’ll be watching - so don’t try to sneak any ads in on me... Lol

That’s sure a bargain - hope it helps you guys out...
Hope ya let us know if it’s working fer ya....

Fer only 3 guys - ya guys do a heck of a lot of work - Thanks

ClaudeMobetta

Re: Advertisements...

mywaytoo
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Fer only 3 guys - ya guys do a heck of a lot of work - Thanks
They never did tell us where they got their money from in the first place...
Anne