Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Spiderman
When I first came to know about Nabble, I looked for its features which seems very good and easy to work with, so I created my first forum site. Days after days I got many visitors and my forum site is blooming but suddenly now Nabble inserted Advertisement and to remove those advertisement, Nabble is asking money.
I am trapped. I don't want to show ad and I am not in condition to pay for removing ad.
Nabble have put me in such conditions that now I can't create another forum with another application like phpbb and etc because doing so, I will lost all the post/topics.

Please Nabble do me a favor, simply tell me how can I import all my topics/post in csv so that I can move to another such free application provider bidding goodbye to Nabble.

As a feedback, I will like to tell Nabble that now they are going to loss Nabble users. Like me, many will say farewell to Nabble.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

☪Not_A_Admin
You're just whining about something that is still 'free', how about go and make your own forum and try getting the costs of it covered on a daily basis.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Spiderman
I understand it is free and so there is footer link. If one year ago I were aware of advertisement then I would not have created the forum on Nabble.

In my forum some ad seems to be adult types and I used to embed my forum on my site where it shows adsense. Do you know what this means for Adsense publishers?

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

mywaytoo
Spiderman wrote
I understand it is free and so there is footer link. If one year ago I were aware of advertisement then I would not have created the forum on Nabble.
And we have been testing their software for them for free... and, in fact, still are as their new version is only in Alpha... not even Beta!

Anne

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Peter <Nabble>
mywaytoo wrote
I understand it is free and so there is footer link. If one year ago I were
aware of advertisement then I would not have created the forum on Nabble.

And we have been testing their software for them for free... and, in fact,
still are as their new version is only in Alpha... not even Beta!
It sounds like if we were developing a software to sell to other people exploring you as cheap testers.
You are our users. Not our testers. We don't have clients for whom we intend to sell the system.

We have support people, developers, costs with servers and backbone and backups...
Aren't you enjoying a high-quality service for free?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

mywaytoo
Peter <Nabble> wrote
It sounds like if we were developing a software to sell to other people exploring you as cheap testers.
You are our users. Not our testers.
So you don't want us to tell you of any software issues / bugs / failures?

Peter <Nabble> wrote
We don't have clients for whom we intend to sell the system...
We have support people, developers, costs with servers and backbone and backups...
I have no idea what you intend to do with the system... I guess that you'll try floating it on the stock market for a few billion in 5 or so years time.

Peter <Nabble> wrote
Aren't you enjoying a high-quality service for free?
Well... I was...
Anne

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Camo
Its not quality to pull shitty pranks like this, its dishonest. Lose them or lose a big chunk of customers, now your right down there with every other crappy free forum. You werte best because you Didnt have crappy ads!.
No respect, no warning from the word go. very pissed off!
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Camo
I would rather have paid from the start than cop this crap! All this rubbish about 'no we dont want to make money, free, always free' crap, you guys knew you had to make money from the beginning, several people including myself pointed it out, but you just scoffed at the idea, but now you decide to do this?
Unbeleivable, I knew you guys were paddling when you kept stalling on templates.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Addison
Remember - Nothing In This World is Free!

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Camo
Well good luck to you Addison
Nabble should have remembered that from the start. Goodby Nabble, you wern't realistic and honest from the begining, you blew it!
Im going with open source software, that wont stall, and wont put filthy adverts and wont whinge about how its free!

Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

mywaytoo
Addison wrote
Remember - Nothing In This World is Free!
Addison... you are right... nothing at all is free... not even trust... businesses have to earn customer's trust... nabble have shattered mine...

And who's to say they won't increase this charge... include other charges... even if they say they won't, who's going to believe them... I won't...

And to think that I was actually thinking of using them for my websites and would have been prepared to pay for that as opposed to my current provider... SCAREY!

Anne

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

☪Not_A_Admin
I stopped using nabble long back 4-6 months ago, As long as you're skilled a little bit, phpBB is the way forward with the ridiculous amount of features and customization.

Nabble is the best solution for people who just want to embed a easy, reliable forum.

I did say almost a year ago, they should have added something to help them generate money, but no it had to be added now...

People who are not paying anything for a forum should be grateful at the end of the day it is still FREE, but no you guys come here and whine...

I would understand if you said it's now charged. You are still paying nothing so it is still free. We never advertised that we would never place ads.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Jose - russianforfree.com
I guess Peter, Hugo and the rest of the team are the kind of people that buy food at supermarkets instead of going to the forest to hunt a bear. Also, since they don't live in caves, they must pay a rent for their apartments. And they must pay for their Internet connection (although you can always try to steal it from your neighbour).

I mean, these guys need money like we all do. They are giving us something that is for free and now they will get some money for ads. That's the way it is. Ads most of the time look ugly and no one likes them, but they pay the bills.

And for a few dollars you have the chance to remove them and contribute to the development of the tool. To me that sounds fair. Actually it's a great idea if now the guys at Nabble can release new updates faster.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

Spiderman
I would agree with Nabble if they had released the features by which we can upload the script on our server and as a credit we would give them the footer link. And for those who who want free forum with free hosting then Nabble would provide them the free platform (as it is now) where it would come with advertisement. This would be great but instead Nabble comes with idea; either pay or bear ad.

You are not trying to understand our situation. Years ago, being free and without ad, we have created our forum and toiled to receive enough traffic and subscriber and now suddenly ad appeared (It damages more when those ad open on top instead of new tab- driving our visitors. Did you think about it)
Now we cannot move to others because this will affect our site/business/forum. We are helpless.

Re: Advertisement!! This is cheating and a trap.

mywaytoo
Spiderman wrote
We are helpless.
It is this that hurts... and the fact that nabble put us in this position... AND the fact that, as they have done this to us once, what is to stop them doing it again...
Anne