Advantage for changing Domain Name

Coleen_Astalos
What is the benefit of changing my Nabble Domain Name?
I have Nabble embedded on my password protected site, and I have it redirected to the site.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Advantage for changing Domain Name

GregChapman
I believe changing the domain name only benefits those who have not embedded their app and need a short memorable domain name to replace the Nabble default.

Re: Advantage for changing Domain Name

Coleen_Astalos
So that also means that if someone wanted to say bookmark a page within the application (like a subcategory) that it would look like:

http://www.sudsol.org/Categoryname/...  instead of the http://sudsol.1100894.n5.nabble.com/Categoryname/...

Is that right?
Coleen

Re: Advantage for changing Domain Name

Pedro
That's right. All nabble's pattern names will be replaced with your domain name.

Re: Advantage for changing Domain Name

There are also SEO and brand building advantages to a custom domain.
HTTPS Please!