Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Newsletter
Is it possible to set up the user priveleges so that only an administrator can create a new topic but anyone can reply to it? Similar to how most blogs work.

Re: Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
I think you actually already did it in http://n2.nabble.com/The-Big-Debate---Blog-Style-f680265.html - only the admins see the "New Topic" link. Try log out, and you see "New Topics Forbidden".

Also, to give you a heads up, we will have a blog format too. Blog and forum aren't that different, except blog's commenting (discussion) feature are mostly bad compared with a proper forum. I expect we get to it in a few weeks. Then you will be able to have a news-like blog with the same nabble discussion features.

Re: Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Newsletter
Yes only the admins can start a new topic, that part is OK, but when an anonymous user views the topic they have no way of replying to it as far as I can see. Which makes for a pretty one sided discussion! But it sounds like the blog format could be the solution, I'll wait and give that a go if it can't be done with the current system.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Re: Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Newsletter wrote
oops... this should be fixed soon, in  a day or two. It should be that only you can start new topics here, but everyone can reply to your topics.

This has been fixed. Please log out and check http://n2.nabble.com/The-Big-Debate---Blog-Style-f680265.html

Re: Admin creates new topic, users can only reply.

Newsletter
Thank you Will, this is now working as it should.