Adding additional mail list archive to parent

Adding additional mail list archive to parent

PieterHartsook
I've created a new mail list archive
http://n3.nabble.com/DG-Open-Forum-openforum-collab-sakaiproject-org-f32137.html

I'm trying to add it to the list at:
http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Project-Mail-List-Archives-f1343168.html

using Options>Structure>Advanced options>Set a new Parent
asked to enter the permalink I use:
http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Project-Mail-List-Archives-f1343168.html

and get the error:
"The link you provided is not on this server. Please contact Nabble Support if you need help."

So I'm contacting Nabble Support for help.

Pieter Hartsook
Sakai Foundation Communications Manager

Re: Adding additional mail list archive to parent

Hugo <Nabble>
That's true, we have two different servers in this case: n2 and n3. Since the new archive is empty, you may delete it and create a new one in the n2 server. If you see a new message archived by the time you work on this, then maybe we should migrate it to n2 instead.

Re: Adding additional mail list archive to parent

PieterHartsook
Thanks Hugo,

That worked perfectly. For future reference as I add other lists to the parent, how does one "migrate" a list from n3 to n2?

Pieter

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's true, we have two different servers in this case: n2 and n3. Since the new archive is empty, you may delete it and create a new one in the n2 server. If you see a new message archived by the time you work on this, then maybe we should migrate it to n2 instead.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Adding-additional-mail-list-archive-to-parent-tp3983773p3988786.html
To unsubscribe from Adding additional mail list archive to parent, click here.

Re: Adding additional mail list archive to parent

Hugo <Nabble>
You are welcome.
PieterHartsook wrote
For future reference as I add other lists to the
parent, how does one "migrate" a list from n3 to n2?
You have to post a request in this support forum. Only Nabble admins can do this.